South Metro

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

DELETED
Last edited by AV201 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

let not say anything ppl. just wish him all the best with his hairdo radio :idea:
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

playworth wrote:let not say anything ppl. just wish him all the best with his hairdo radio :idea:
now that i wrote a essay you say it :P
:lol: :lol:
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

damnit 30sec out av201 hahaha
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

grant_oz wrote:
AV201 wrote:oh...and the GPS for handhelds (addon) ...so they can keep track of Police walking the beat. Big Brother :P

Bout to be trialed in Freo

VKI this is Foot Patrol, request toilet break..
Roger, if you take the next left and follow the path to the public toilets

:|
I dont want get into a slanging match with you,but it can be done,for recieve only by disabling the privileged OTAR and getting into the UCM and doing some other stuff that i wont say i a open forum it works,if you try and TX then you get a key fail,if you get more than 15 key fails the radio will zeroize all keys to 0 and your stuffed.You seem to know about it as you know radio has 2 user modes number 1 is gen user 2 is for the crypto officer or tech go in thru crypto mode you get the pass when you get radio and its done,thats in simple terms missing out what you do
Keeping in mind I am keeping alive a pointless argument, AV201 is quite right. In addition on the XTS radio you do not need to TX to KEY FAIL. If you do not have the correct privileges for a certain frequency then it will KEY FAIL as soon as you select it, this is because the network interrogates the radio and checks to see it has the appropriate encryption. For example a WAPOL GD portable can select say the TRG talkgroup but it will KEY FAIL without you transmitting, thereby denying you access to even listen. I can say with certainty that you will have your XTS programmed to the 450.000 - 470.000 Mhz range, which again like a broken record is the analogue band.

Come back on this time next week and tell me what you can hear, I can even pick the talkgroup for you and give you the appropriate frequency. Best of luck.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

CHEV4EVR wrote:
grant_oz wrote:I dont want get into a slanging match with you,but it can be done,for recieve only by disabling the privileged OTAR and getting into the UCM and doing some other stuff that i wont say i a open forum it works,if you try and TX then you get a key fail,if you get more than 15 key fails the radio will zeroize all keys to 0 and your stuffed.You seem to know about it as you know radio has 2 user modes number 1 is gen user 2 is for the crypto officer or tech go in thru crypto mode you get the pass when you get radio and its done,thats in simple terms missing out what you do
Keeping in mind I am keeping alive a pointless argument, AV201 is quite right. In addition on the XTS radio you do not need to TX to KEY FAIL. If you do not have the correct privileges for a certain frequency then it will KEY FAIL as soon as you select it, this is because the network interrogates the radio and checks to see it has the appropriate encryption. For example a WAPOL GD portable can select say the TRG talkgroup but it will KEY FAIL without you transmitting, thereby denying you access to even listen. I can say with certainty that you will have your XTS programmed to the 450.000 - 470.000 Mhz range, which again like a broken record is the analogue band.

Come back on this time next week and tell me what you can hear, I can even pick the talkgroup for you and give you the appropriate frequency. Best of luck.
Chev you're making this too fun! I can't wait now, just to see you prove us all right! :D
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

DELETED
Last edited by AV201 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

what about try.. detla boys?
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

playworth wrote:what about try.. detla boys?
:lol: playworth!

my point is that....every radio has a different code (had to blank it out) which authenticates it on the WAPOL network, and encryption + the serial and codes match up so all is correct. When tuning into a frequency you will need it to listen and broadcast. Now different talk groups have different credentials required to access them. My point for what i wrote a essay to the blouse who posted before..sorry i ment hacker :P :lol:

WAPOL controls the portables..station and car comms. They can isolate radios and block them....if your not a registered user, you will NOT have access to listen and/or transmit
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

DELETED
Last edited by AV201 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

AV201 wrote:
playworth wrote:what about try.. detla boys?
:lol: playworth!

my point is that....every radio has a different code (had to blank it out) which authenticates it on the WAPOL network, and encryption + the serial and codes match up so all is correct. When tuning into a frequency you will need it to listen and broadcast. Now different talk groups have different credentials required to access them. My point for what i wrote a essay to the blouse who posted before..sorry i ment hacker :P :lol:

WAPOL controls the portables..station and car comms. They can isolate radios and block them....if your not a registered user, you will NOT have access to listen and/or transmit
AV201 is right, each radio has all the same channels in it , BUT each radio is put in a group, the group allows it to rx/tx on each talkgroup , so although each radio is programmed the same they cant all do the same thing, so for example a GD or TEG radio cannot receive or transmitt on a TRG or DELTA talkgroup,

for example,

radio 1 (GD) 1,2,3 and 4

radio 2 (TRG) 1,2,3,4 and 5

radio 3 ( LOST/STOLEN) 6

1234 beeing GD talkgroups
5 beeing TRG talkgroup
6 beeing lost talkgroup
each radio can be moved and dropped into different groups from VKI
similar to files beeing selected & dropped in a folder on a PC.

Im extremely bad at explaning things, but i gave it my best shot
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

and people say computer networking is complicated!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
bradley

south metro

Post by bradley »

wow i better do some things while i can.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: xts

Post by ConstableCare »

grant_oz wrote:
Tyranus wrote:
grant_oz wrote:The way around listing to the cops is buy a motorola xts3000 S 3 mine cost me $675 from the states and i can hear them all,at $675 its cheaper than the digital scanners that dont work :lol:
Can't wait to see if it's still working for you when they pull pin holding the analogue and digital together!
I dont think ill have a problem,its picking up what my scanner cant, on scanner its one way conversation on xts can hear vki and car,its got the UCM encryption board in it and the securenet digital,has 16 key encryption and algorithms,it runs the same system as the police,it wasnt turn it on and away you go it did need to be programed,it came with the software there are heaps of underground sites that tell you what you need to know.How legal it is i dont know,it came thru customs and wasnt stopped.
So buddy, still reckon you can hear the action??

Dont think so! :lol: