Blank Fire Handguns

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Ive been told about how people walk into a police station with firearms to get them registerd, its like holding a neon sign above your head saying i have broken the law multiple times on the way here....
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:Ive been told about how people walk into a police station with firearms to get them registerd, its like holding a neon sign above your head saying i have broken the law multiple times on the way here....
Could be worse. Could be fully automatic, loaded, actioned, safe off, finger inside guard, pointed at you or I :)
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

On a related topic:

Does anyone know what the law is regarding owning and carrying knives? If you have a pocketknife in your car glovebox is that 'concealed' (if it matters)...?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I shouldn't think a pocket knife would be a problem. I'd be busted big time if that was the case. I carry my multi tool and a folding knife with me in my SES bags which 90% of the time are in the car. I think if you had a K-Bar or something like that, then quite possibly yes it may be a problem.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Have a look in the Weapons Act and refer to the Schedules under the Weapons Regulations.

Depends on the item, can depend on the intent for use of the item.

'Concealment' doesn't have anything to do with anything. Possessing and carrying [two different things, legally] is what you have to worry about - as well as the item matching anything listed on the Schedules [controlled, prohibited, and other].

Look at lasers, for example. They're now in the Schedules, but as per usual you just need to have a lawful reason for having it [teaching classes etc].

The Weapons Act isn't a big one, you can read it over at the State Law Publisher website.
Last edited by herrgott on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

herrgott wrote:Have a look in the Weapons Act and refer to the Schedules for that act.
Thanks. I was looking through the Criminal Code.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

I just editted my post to say that the Schedules, from memory, are in the Weapons Regulations, not the act. Although the act has the offences listed.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

herrgott wrote:Depends on the item, can depend on the intent for use of the item.
Yep - which is why I've had a simple pocketknife with assorted gadgets in a pouch on my belt or in my pocket since I was in high school (which is getting to be a distressingly long time ago :P )

My interpretation of the Weapons Act and Regulations is that a simple pocket knife is neither a prohibited nor controlled weapon. Of course the law also can consider any item to be a weapon if it's being used as one.

So I'm comfortable and confident that if I'm ever asked why I carry a pocketknife, my reasons will be perfectly acceptable.
The Weapons Act isn't a big one, you can read it over at the State Law Publisher website.
In fact, here's the direct links ...

Weapons Act

Weapons Regulations
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
nvrenuf

Post by nvrenuf »

So im assuming it would not be legal to go buy this item and
use it for photo shoots and have it in a bag or car to and from locations.

looking at the site doesnt mention anything about laws or buying them
you can order online easy enough ?

Tim

http://www.tacticalshop.com.au/product_ ... 076e6f8f87

or this

http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/sho ... T+WEIGHTED
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

The Firearms Act applies to firearms and may have your answers there if you have a look through the State Law Publisher's website.

To the best of my memory without any research, if it has no ability to fire then simple possession is not illegal. Again, intent can and does make a difference.
jasonjag
Banned

Illegal

Post by jasonjag »

herrgott wrote:The Firearms Act applies to firearms and may have your answers there if you have a look through the State Law Publisher's website.

To the best of my memory without any research, if it has no ability to fire then simple possession is not illegal. Again, intent can and does make a difference.
As Far as I know they are illegal to own or be in possesion of,,,,,,does the shop keeper with one pointed in their face, know its real or not,, even if its made of a plastic replica of a gun, as Herrgott quotes, intent can and does make a difference... go to the zpolice and get your answer or permit from them face to face...jj
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

JJ I can assure you that they are legal, in this state. Its not as though you buy it and walk out, they take down the serial number down and also write down your DL number. It is impossible to shoot real rounds using the gun for three reasons
1, the magazine isnt the right size and its impossble to feed more than one real round into the magazine.
2. If you try to chamber the one real round you put in the magazine, the force of the action will jam the real round in the gun, making it verrrryyyy hard to retrieve.
3. even if you some how correctly chamber a real round, as soon as you fire it the front end of the gun will explode because they cannot handle the pressure.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Again for those with short attention spans
CHEV4EVR wrote:Replica pistols are classified as a Controlled Weapon under The Weapons Act. They are defined as Controlled Weapon under schedule 2 of the Weapons Regulations (Item 10, Imitation Firearm).They are offence to possess, even at home. Only authorised collectors with an exemption from the Minister can possess them (good luck trying to get an exemption. If you do can you hand me my hens tooth back.)

Penalty $4,000 and/or 1yr Imprisonment. If you have no desire to have a firearms licence feel free to keep it, I am sure it is much more fun than a real gun.
Reevesy

Post by Reevesy »

Ok, if they ARE illegal. Why can they be bought from shops?
Cheers. Reevesy