TADIS

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

SteveNSWP

TADIS

Post by SteveNSWP »

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how TADIS actually works? I know that its used for dispatching jobs to car crews, its just that I've been listening to a WA online scanner and often hear them make mention of sending the job to the car crew.

Here in NSW we have MDT's in our cars. We can pull up a CAD job screen which lists all of the jobs in our command, including finalised jobs, acknowlegded jobs, broadcasted jobs, on scene jobs. Every car see's the same screen. We can acknowledge jobs using CAD without notifying radio, but no job is actually sent to a car crew. We just read the job from the screen and attend to it. Other cars can veiw the same job details.

I was just curious because it sound like they send jobs directly to car crews, does that mean that other cars are unable to veiw the job?? Do CAD and TADIS work together or are they different systems? If anyone could explain how it works it would be appreciated!

Do any serving WA Police have any pictures etc that shows what a TADIS screen actually looks like. If so PM me and I am happy to provide a work email. I have pictures of our CAD screens which I would be happy to exchange if curious.

Thanks for you time,

Steve.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?p=2845 ... adis#28455

Tadis is the big screen in the middle
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
yorky

Post by yorky »

This is from what I've heard, cars can view jobs, but must ask VKI for the job to be dispatched to them. Other cars can still see the job(s) until closed.

Only thing I'm unsure of is if cars can view closed jobs or type in a job number to view it. Either way I don't believe cars can dispatch themselves as yet.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Only thing I'm unsure of is if cars can view closed jobs or type in a job number to view it. Either way I don't believe cars can dispatch themselves as yet.

Closed jobs/job numbers = yes.
Dispatch themselves = no.
jasonjag
Banned

Correct

Post by jasonjag »

yorky wrote:This is from what I've heard, cars can view jobs, but must ask VKI for the job to be dispatched to them. Other cars can still see the job(s) until closed.

What Yorky says is totally correct. closed jobs cannot be viewd by Tardus in the car, it has to be re opened by VKI if reqiried.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yorky didn't say that he said he was not sure about it! He was pretty certain however that they can't dispatch themselves.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Indeed.

And so one person says yes to viewing closed jobs and one no. I guess an officer needs to confirm if you can manually type in a closed job number in car (I've got a feeling yes, same as IR's etc).
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

yorky wrote:Indeed.

And so one person says yes to viewing closed jobs and one no. I guess an officer needs to confirm if you can manually type in a closed job number in car (I've got a feeling yes, same as IR's etc).
You can view closed jobs by number or search function.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
yorky

Post by yorky »

Thank you sir.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Walks wrote:
yorky wrote:Indeed.

You can view closed jobs by number or search function.

Walks.
so no more car chases for us any more..???? just matcad
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

playworth wrote:so no more car chases for us any more..???? just matcad
Won't get them on MATCAD either.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

You wont get access to anyjobs unless the police release it to the media, hence Media Access To Computer Aided Despact.
I assume this would go for chases too, except it wouldnt be delayed , but instead pre-recorded. Any one who knows more than me, feel free to correct me.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

MATCAD??? can someone explain the concept of this?? sounds interesting.. is this a new thing or not?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
yorky

Post by yorky »

donks wrote:MATCAD??? can someone explain the concept of this?? sounds interesting.. is this a new thing or not?
Media Access to CAD.

Instead of just listening to the radio, media people will get to see jobs though filtered.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

MATCAD is nothing more than a computer terminal, supplied to the media, for text based information from WAPol. It does not contain radio transmissions so is therefore not a replacement for scanners. It is more or less a fancy way of sending Press Releases.

And yes... it will be filtered and delayed ex WAPol.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!