crime vehicle

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

bradley

crime vehicle

Post by bradley »

i have often heard police lately asking vki if there is any crime vehicle in there area.could some tell me what there crime vehicle does and what they look like.and if any1 has picture of one then maybe post it in,thanks :D
yorky

Post by yorky »

From what I know they are usually CAxxx though I have heard normal tasking cars booking on as a crime car.

I'm guessing they are for investigating major crimes (looking at the news, drug labs etc).
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Re: crime vehicle

Post by spartacus »

bradley wrote:i have often heard police lately asking vki if there is any crime vehicle in there area.could some tell me what there crime vehicle does and what they look like.and if any1 has picture of one then maybe post it in,thanks :D
detectives - xx400s
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

It is just a term "Crime Car". In the districts each detectives office takes it in turn to do the crime car on afternoon shift and dayshift weekends. This car is responsible for dealing with a serious crime in the district and then hand it over to the relevant detectives office.