Caged Sedans

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

SteveNSWP

Caged Sedans

Post by SteveNSWP »

Hey all,

Just curious, here in NSW we have caged sedans, but they are limited to the Holden Commodore as Holden are the manufacturers if the partition. However I know that other states use different types of partitions (ie QLD) which are in both Fords and Holdens. I just wanted to know if WA was like us, and only had the Holden Sedans as caged with the partition made by Holden?? If so, what is happening with the rollout of the VE Commodore, because here we have lost our caged sedan, which I thought was a top idea.

Are there any plans to continue the caged sedan concept in WA??? If so, what are there ideas/plans/suggestions???

Are all VZ Commodores in WA caged, or only a select few and if so, how is it determined which ones will be caged?

Thanks heaps for your time and replies.

Regards,

Steve!
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

No cage sedans with the VE. Due to the side airbags the partition can longer be installed in the vehicle. We have been told there are no plans to create an airbag friendly device and have been told if you want a secure vehicle "Get a van with a varley pod".

Even when the VZ's were around the cage sedans were still pretty rare with only on average one per station. Most bosses would not cough up the extra cost, hence the situation we are stuck with now of having way too many sedans and very few secure vehicles. One major metro station only has 2 secure vehicles in it's 10 strong fleet due to WAPOL being caught with it's pants down. Who said finances rule policing..............
Mikka

Re: Caged Sedans

Post by Mikka »

SteveNSWP wrote:Hey all,

Just curious, here in NSW we have caged sedans, but they are limited to the Holden Commodore as Holden are the manufacturers if the partition. However I know that other states use different types of partitions (ie QLD) which are in both Fords and Holdens. I just wanted to know if WA was like us, and only had the Holden Sedans as caged with the partition made by Holden?? If so, what is happening with the rollout of the VE Commodore, because here we have lost our caged sedan, which I thought was a top idea.

Are there any plans to continue the caged sedan concept in WA??? If so, what are there ideas/plans/suggestions???

Are all VZ Commodores in WA caged, or only a select few and if so, how is it determined which ones will be caged?

Thanks heaps for your time and replies.

Regards,

Steve!
PM Replied mate...
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

WAPOL's been busy putting the screens in the rear of older VZ sedans lately.

Scarborough now has 2 secure VZ's...ZS103 and ZS104 also Morley has one fitted now in ZO101 which are all quite old VZ's and have been fitted recently also ZM103 was another. They are dead easy to pick as they don't have tinting windows.

I've never understood why WAPOL turns over they're cars so quickly....there was a VZ at the Auctions a few months back with 29,000kms. Logically to avoid the postion they're in now they should be keeping some secure VZ's longer.

You can see the one in the back of ZM103 here.

CHEV, have WAPOL ever had pods fitted into unmarked cars like you see on the COPS episodes?
BF

Post by BF »

Tom, I'll answer that for you. Yes but not very many.