yellow stickers

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

yellow stickers

Post by phreak »

sorry if this question or something like this has been asked before.
but...

what warrants getting a yellow sticker? i got pulled over about 2 hours ago because my front spoiler on my VT Clubsport was off. I ran over a curb about 4 weeks ago and it took my spoiler off. got it fixed about a week ago and then did it again last night. so my front spoiler was off - all other guards and protective covering were on the car - but was still issued a yellow sticker.

nothing else was noted on the notice apart from that. any help guys?
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

was u nice to the police officers?
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

there was one nice one... and one mean one.

the nice one was talking to me about the weather and asking how my day was. the mean one was going off at me for 'lying' to him. apparently he saw my car 2 weeks ago with my bumper off. i told him that was true.. that i had just fixed it a week ago and it came off again just two days ago. he told me not to 'bullshit the police'. i asked him to let me explain fully.. and he told me he 'didn't want to hear more of my lies and shit' haha

i just left it as that and let them issue me with the sticker
yorky

Re: yellow stickers

Post by yorky »

phreak wrote:what warrants getting a yellow sticker? i got pulled over about 2 hours ago because my front spoiler on my VT Clubsport was off
Looks like you answered your own question :lol:

Can I take a stab, that your question was more something like 'does having the front spoiler off the car constitute a yellow sticker?'.

I would say so because if you hit a ped, theres no bumper to cushion the bone crunching blow. Thats just a guess by me.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

... or more to the point, they were possibly picking on you because you appeared to them as 'another hoon commodore driver' - seriously, who loses their front bumper twice in a month and expects the police to believe that you obey the road rules and drive the same as you did the day you passed your driving test?

That is only my opinion so if you disagree then you are welcome to. Not trying to start an fight but more of a constructive argument if that makes sense.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

yorky wrote:I would say so because if you hit a ped, theres no bumper to cushion the bone crunching blow. Thats just a guess by me.
When the front bumper is of, the metal reinforcements are visable not to mention the radiator supports and the actual radiator, all can give a pedestrian nasty injuries, if not worse.

They were more than justified in giving your vehicle a compliance notice.

Besides, 2 bumpers in a month, either you need to learn how to avoid curbs or curbs need to learn how to avoid you...!
yorky

Post by yorky »

I'm also thinking if your hitting kurbs, how low is the car... ie illegally low?
yorky

Post by yorky »

I'm also thinking if your hitting curbs, how low is the car... ie illegally low?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

danny wrote:Besides, 2 bumpers in a month, either you need to learn how to avoid curbs or curbs need to learn how to avoid you...!
Haha it's already been pointed out but not like that! LOL
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

my car is pretty low and i tend to damage the bumper from parking too close to curbs when parking the car. The bottom catches the curb and when i reverse, it rips the bumper from the actual body. first time was my bad, and the second time was the mrs coming out of our drive way.

went thru the pits this morning. examiner passed the car. i asked him about the height and he said it was legal. everything on the car is and was legal. so its all good now.

also - on a side note - i went thru 2 RBT's with my bumper off and during BOTH RBT's, the officers joked about 'forgetting my bumper at home that day' or 'did ur mrs drive the car last night'. also was talking to an on duty TEG officer the other day about TADIS etc and we were both standing right next to my 'defective' car ANDhe watched me drive off in it. none of these officers mentioned anything about the car or warned me about it.

that's why I was asking if the defect notice was justified. i do understand that it is a danger to pedestrians and did avoid driving it too much - but you know how circumstances prevail? should've driven my other car to the shops that day hah

thanks for the advice, even though most of you slammed me as a hoon haha.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

just quickly, on a side note, because I got the feeling some people think i'm "one of those young cop haters".

I have respect for the police, I applied for the force but withdrew my application once in the pool so I could pursue AFP recruitment (which is underway at the moment) and I have cop mates. So I wasn't taking a dig at the officers or the law - just wanted to know the facts surrounding my circumstance.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

phreak wrote:my car is pretty low and i tend to damage the bumper from parking too close to curbs when parking the car. The bottom catches the curb and when i reverse, it rips the bumper from the actual body. first time was my bad, and the second time was the mrs coming out of our drive way.
My SV6 is quite low and I have had that happen a couple of times. The mudguards also scape along the ground too.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

WPXZBP wrote:
phreak wrote:my car is pretty low and i tend to damage the bumper from parking too close to curbs when parking the car. The bottom catches the curb and when i reverse, it rips the bumper from the actual body. first time was my bad, and the second time was the mrs coming out of our drive way.
My SV6 is quite low and I have had that happen a couple of times. The mudguards also scape along the ground too.
relief to know its not only me
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

phreak wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:
relief to know its not only me
Nope, you're both psycho mad hoon drivers that can't stay away from the kerbs :P :lol:
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.