Police Psych

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Ah don't don't want to be the ogre here but PAC/POC are completely different from the operational environment. What you see/hear on CAD/radio is about 5% of what actually happens out there.

If you make it into the academy don't make the mistake that because you have worked at PAC you know how things work, it will only make you a target to the instructors.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

When I had my original psych they had asked me if I had tried drugs. I was totally honest and she picked at that point, bought up a hypothetical situation about something and asked what would I do if I was a sworn officer and he was my best friend, whether I would ignore it or have him arrested. You really have to think before you speak and choose your words very carefully.
TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

That's the thing, they put ask you hypothetical operational questions... Even during the panel interview they give you operational scenarios and ask how you would handle them as a Police Officer..
TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

Schism_ wrote:That's the thing, they put ask you hypothetical operational questions... Even during the panel interview they give you operational scenarios and ask how you would handle them as a Police Officer..
hey schism. when did you have your panel interview? during the application process or at the academy
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Stay at PAC while you can still get away with doing stuff all. :lol:
TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

no more panel interview during selection process. get ready for your psych interview. they grill you about EVERTHING... trust me - i've been thru it. they catch you out on little things you mght have accidently wrote down or say during the interview. they push your buttons to see if you will snap etc etc. and they ask questions that really make you thnk - eg: what would you do if you visited a mates house and he was using drugs (respond from a sworn officer POV then from your current status as a civilian). Makes you think.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

why did you delete all your posts tk101?
:D
Mad Marsupial

Post by Mad Marsupial »

I have done the phsyc test and interview before and think that its not the best thing. I was told to answer every question to the best of your ability. I didn't answer the question that said "Did you enjoy smoking marjuana?" as I have never tried it. The first time I was asked why I hadn't answered the question the physc didn't believe me. The second time when I said I hadn't tried dope the lady asked why I han't said "No" to the question. When I told her that if I had said "No" then that means I have tried it and didn't like it. She replied with a "Oh yea I suppose your right." Its not very encouraging when the people conducting the interviews don't know how the physc test works.
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Its not very encouraging when the people conducting the interviews don't know how the physc test works.

It's not very encouraging that somebody applying for a position would assume their interviewer is stupid based on words said. People say things all the time, and some of the time say them for some reason.
I'd suggest that perhaps the interviewer was checking for your response, to see if you'd look at her like you think she's a moronic clown - obviously checking your level of professionalism.

Based on the notion that the interviewer actually didn't understand your angle in regards to answering 'no', what has that got to do with the interviewer's own role in the selection process?
Maybe it's not very encouraging. It may not be encouraging to find that the people interviewing you don't know how various systems, sections, and other WAPOL-related things don't work that they're assessing your suitability for.
At the end of the day, they're there for you to show off how much you know, not how much they know.
444mfister

Post by 444mfister »

woobla1 wrote:why did you delete all your posts tk101?
:D
1. He currently works at PAC
2. He was slagging off on members of the public.
3. He's wanting to go from unsworn to sworn.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

he sniff sumone chair. most lilkly
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here