Police Psych

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

TK101

Police Psych

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

my mate was asked if he had ever 'broken the law'... upon thinking they meant serious crimes he said no... then they asked him about the speeding fine he had been issued in the past. and they told him that infact he had broken the law haha.

He said it was just one of those tricky questions that can catch ya off guard.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
snapperv10

Post by snapperv10 »

It depends on your answers to the written component of the test. They draw questions for the interview from your answers. From what I have gathered they ask a number of very short questions to which you have to write the first thing you think of.

Hope that helps!
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

They also ask the same question a few different times, just worded differently. (In the written section of it)

Just answer honestly is the best advice i can offer :o
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
yorky

Post by yorky »

TK101, while your around I've got a quickie question :)

If someone rings the pac center for example and say they heard a job on the radio ie stolen car and have said job/stolen car in sight will you be ok with us saying that we are listening to the radio? Are there any guidelines to tell us to stop it you bad man? :lol:

Only reason I ask is I've previously rung about hoons and the female op didn't want to know about the several previous jobs on the same vehicle... yet talking to the officers they said every bit of info on what you know helps (ie telling them its related to another job with the same rego etc etc so they don't tie up several people for what is the same job).
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Makes sense to me, thanks for your reply :), and good question yorky, I've also wondered the same thing but without the actual background of having to call it in.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

TK101 wrote:For the record, we're working on the standardized SOP's, where everyone takes a report if there's a rego and the caller is willing to make it etc.

And the only real guideline we have in terms of scanners and such is that the caller can't be driving and talking without a handsfree otherwise they need to call back. Nothing really on scanners, and the general consensus up there is that they're something that's 'tolerated'. Not really any action taken against them, especially given they'll be useless soon... a good thing and not...
Haha I've always wondered how many people phone up without using a hands free...Thanks for reporting that ma'am, can you please call back when you're not driving and we'll also arrange a ticket for you :P :lol: I'll admit I've called the 131444 hotline three times and had very good responses, including having a patrol car rock up at my place 15 minutes after I'd reported an incident.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Much appreciated mate. I also agree with the being nice part. I myself take a lot of support calls at my office and anyone who is plain nice gets a good conversation from me and such. Anyone angry etc I get off the phone asap. Hence why I always be nice calling anyone (and hope there in a good mood!)

I personally believe that with the under staffing of the force, every little bit helps. If theres one car looking for an offender, rather than one car and 10 people that hear it over the scanner, theres a dam high chance one of the scanner listeners are going to spot the POI first and be able to call it in.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
444mfister

Re: Police Psych

Post by 444mfister »

TK101 wrote:Hi all!

Long time reader, just registered, but have a question to anyone who might know...

Is anyone able to give me a run-down on the Police Psych.... I've done the ADF one before and passed that, but I was chatting to the duty sergeant the other night (I work in PAC/Ops as a civi at the moment) and he said there were alot of... 'out of the ordinary' questions in there, not just the 'Do you ever feel like cutting yourself?' type.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of a heads up on what to expect.

My PEE is in a few days, I think it's the physical after that, then the psych exam.

Thanks. ^^

Are you talking about the one on one interview with the Psych or the actual written test?

For the interview ,just answer honestly and give reasons for your answers. eg

" I would check for any potential danger, the reason I would do this is to prevent injury to myself or my partner"

When I did the entrance exam the " psych " written exam was part of it.

Basically they ask 565 or so questions and they mix it up a bit to see if they can catch you out,such as.

Question 14 - I really like flowers

Question 67 - I like midgets

Question 222 - I have never hurt a puppy

Question 487 - I think one day I would like to be a florist

Question 522 - I cant stand florists and flowers and everything the horticultural world stands for, in fact a florist once molested me as a child and Im partial to the slaughter of little puppy dogs and exploitation of immigrant midgets.

I hope this helps.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

TK101

I just had a question for you:

do you find now that as the cops are so easily contactable by their lovely new call centre that you have an increase in utter shit that people call through?

e.g a child riding a bike etc.
Shouldnt the police be hard to contact? at least unless it is an emergency?? what are your thoughts on this

The only reason I ask this is that I have lived in Germany for a while, and the police only have 1 number, (emergency) and 1 general enquiry (address) It is very difficult to find general type numbers to call, and from speaking to some of officers over there they like it like that. As if people want to report something they have to come into the police station, thus making them think twice as hard whether they will report crap or dont worry about it, unlike here where you can ring them on their local call number from the comfort of your armchair to have a whinge about a low flying plane or something

however the structure is a little different, and the community wont often call them as they prefer to deal with it themselves unlike over here who people expect to enforce the law , and societies unwritten rules.

E.g if someone is being loud and abusive in germany, you will get the general public telling him to be quiet and have some respect (and I mean this from old ladies, children etc..)

here it is 'none of your business pal ," and rely on the cops to do it.

just wondering what you think about it?

cheers
TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

The whole mob at PAC should be sworn. In a perfect world with plentiful sworn.