District Traffic Bikes

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

danny wrote:
donks wrote:Danny do you ride one of the marked TEG bikes or is yours standard WAPol livery???

Have you got your new bike yet either??
I ride a TEG bike, new one is due any week now

:) :) :) :) :)
dont break it or damage it danny. we would like pic of Your new bike
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

playworth wrote: dont break it or damage it danny. we would like pic of Your new bike
Soon as I get it, i will put a picture up :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

danny wrote:
playworth wrote: dont break it or damage it danny. we would like pic of Your new bike
How many times, in how many threads have you had to make that promise?? :D :lol:
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Tyranus wrote:
danny wrote:
How many times, in how many threads have you had to make that promise?? :D :lol:
Lol, there will be alot of broken hearts if he doesn't. if i can request, can you get a close-up of the new radio :P. cheers mate.
and yet another question for WARSUG's fav. rider , do the analouge or digital radios have UHF CB in them? i was told they do incase of emergencys where police, fesa or sja need to communicate with VBFS or SES is it true?
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Any copper should be able to answer that :P but it's always nice to feel loved 'eh danny.
I believe when the new WAERN system comes in for FESA there will be some UHF channels which the police will have access to which will not be encrypted and will be common amongst all services. I'd be surprised if the Police would opt to use CB to communicate with SES etc. because it's free to air at least by using WAPOL/SES radios/channels (we share a few in common) we'd cut out people interrupting us. Scanners would still be able to listen though. SES Channel 4 and 14 is used by WAPOL Perth Beat. Country WAPOL and SES also share common repeaters, eg. Geraldton SES Ch 2 Repeater also houses Police. As for FESA AFAIK any comms can be done from the ICV and sent out on a local channel from a car/portable to the others at the incident.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote: Lol, there will be alot of broken hearts if he doesn't. if i can request, can you get a close-up of the new radio :P. cheers mate.
and yet another question for WARSUG's fav. rider , do the analouge or digital radios have UHF CB in them? i was told they do incase of emergencys where police, fesa or sja need to communicate with VBFS or SES is it true?
Will do

As for the radio, i plug it in and speak not sure about the other stuff! :?:
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

danny wrote:
Lucas_arts_182 wrote: Lol, there will be alot of broken hearts if he doesn't. if i can request, can you get a close-up of the new radio :P. cheers mate.
Will do

Danny bring your bike down to DET sometime...I'll have a look and tell you :P :smt051
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Tyranus wrote:
danny wrote:
Will do

Danny bring your bike down to DET sometime...I'll have a look and tell you :P :smt051
u mean he wants a ride on it
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Nah I just wanna play on the new radio...haha nah no playing on essential equipment like that! :!:
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

danny wrote:
donks wrote:Danny do you ride one of the marked TEG bikes or is yours standard WAPol livery???

cool cool.. it wasnt you at BP East Perth this arvo was it? parked next to TE70x when getting lunch. It was one of the ST1100's. I think the HWP markings look so good on the bikes.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

donks wrote:
danny wrote:

cool cool.. it wasnt you at BP East Perth this arvo was it? parked next to TE70x when getting lunch. It was one of the ST1100's. I think the HWP markings look so good on the bikes.
If it was TE705 then it would have been him, but i don't think so.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

donks wrote:cool cool.. it wasnt you at BP East Perth this arvo was it? parked next to TE70x when getting lunch. It was one of the ST1100's. I think the HWP markings look so good on the bikes.
Nope wasnt me :)
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

While I think of it ... I was sat behind a bike at some traffic lights on Guildford Road yesterday afternoon, and there was a little blue and white teddy bear mounted on the back of the bike looking at me :P

Cute :)

I haven't really looked at the bikes all that hard to be honest, and I've only just noticed that there are two radio antennas on the back - one on the right of the bike, probably a metre or so tall at a guess, and a much shorter one on the left mounted on what looks like a small orange cone...

What antenna does what? :P
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

bikes usualy have one antenna , UHF , some cops put there maglight orange cone over the elevated feed to the whip , coz its convenient the other one you saw could have been a mobile phone handsfree or a GPS antenna
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Just to change the topic slightly - where does the phrase 'mike bike' come from?????