Function idea for police digital - call radio

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

yorky

Post by yorky »

You say VKI doesn't run the show. How so? My understanding is that if VKI says jump, you say, how high? Obviously not to that extent but you do have an Inspector breathing down VKI's neck as well yes?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

yorky wrote:You say VKI doesn't run the show. How so? My understanding is that if VKI says jump, you say, how high? Obviously not to that extent but you do have an Inspector breathing down VKI's neck as well yes?
unless urgent,just like saturday night on channel 50.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Naturally anyone with rank can order someone else to do something but it all boils to the very nature of the office of Constable. Provided you act within the law and WAPOL rules and regulations you are autonomous ie you determine how you do something within accepted practices.

It gets a bit deeper than this but in short VKI is not my boss and will not tell me how I will or won't do something, effectively they are a resource and co-ordination area.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

CHEV4EVR wrote:effectively they are a resource and co-ordination area.
Absolute Gold :lol: :lol:
444mfister

Post by 444mfister »

theres certain times when you dont want the radio to go off...eg: looking for a poi, arriving at a domestic etc etc

its like a new immigrant to the counrty, it just wouldnt work
SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

I have to agree with CHEV4EVR, radio/comms are not our masters and we dont answer to them entirly (obviously pursuits etc we answer to Sup'visor or Duty Officer). Radio/Comms are their to assist us in the job we do and connot direct us here in NSW to attend a job, what code to respond or when to take our meals, like I know happens in some states here.

As far as tones over the air, I think they do provide added safety and do not find them intrusive. I have to disagree with CHEV4EVR and fail to see how they would be detrimental??? Someone said that they could cause problems when talking to POI's etc. I fail to see how. If ur radio beeping is going to 'give u away' so are all the other voice transmissions that come through anyway.

One safety aspect is when ur at a job, and most cops can relate, u tune out of the radio, u listen to the complaint, thinking about laws and policies, what ur going to do and the radio tunes out. Its easy to miss another cop calling for urgent assistance over the broadcasts. A beep straight away draws me to the radio, i stop what im doing, ifs its what we call her a signla 1 (officer down/in need of urgent assistance), see ya later to the job and out i go. the beeps are effective, and I can say that because we have always had them here in NSW. They do work.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
yorky

Post by yorky »

I think what Mr Chev means is when they are approaching a house for example and want to be quiet about it to catch someone in the act, the person inside suddenly hearing a BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEP is gonna freak out and run for it etc.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

yorky wrote:I think what Mr Chev means is when they are approaching a house for example and want to be quiet about it to catch someone in the act, the person inside suddenly hearing a BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEP is gonna freak out and run for it etc.
did u say bomb?
yorky

Post by yorky »

playworth wrote:
yorky wrote:I think what Mr Chev means is when they are approaching a house for example and want to be quiet about it to catch someone in the act, the person inside suddenly hearing a BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEP is gonna freak out and run for it etc.
did u say bomb?
Where in the frack did I say that?
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

playworth wrote:
yorky wrote: suddenly hearing a BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEP is gonna freak out and run for it etc.
did u say bomb?
sorry just from what You wrote :wink: