officer hit

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well all it means now is that police will probarly be alot tougher on those who decide to take a swing or a kick or spit at an officer, and to be honest i dont blame them after reading the sunday times.

I mean none of them want to end up with brain damage and the end off there career so if they have to be tougher on the street good to them because the courts wont do didlly squat.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Karl O'Callaghan furious over attacks on police
The Commissioner and WA Police Union has launched a bi-partisan lobby, calling on the State Government to impose mandatory jail terms on people who occasion bodily harm to public officers. Bodily harm can be as minor as a bruise or a cut
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

I agree, make life uncomfortable for the *#@%!*’s.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

the piece of crap that struck the officer going about his lawful duty deserves to die. If I had his address... I wont say anymore (anyone know it?)

Why the hell should police even bother protecting the community if the community couldnt give a stuff about what happens, or doesnt demand tougher action. Who protects the protectors?.

I think all police should start resigning, and lets see how the WA people / government likes it when you cant even get a police officer to attend an urgent job.

Or when the army is walking the streets because the wa cops just say, well the lot of yas.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

the article is the sunday times was a real shock , most of the cases only got $500 against them.

i beleive in the saying "an eye for an eye"
but it seems like if a cop does what he needs to stop this from happening its "police brutality" and if he/she doesnt they end up with brain damage.
but at the end of the day a cop wont just run up and taser you in the street for no reason at all, not even if you have commited an offence and
cooperated, they will only do it if they feel as if their in danger, so really if
you get tasered you'r asking for it.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

APO (Assault Public Officer) should have a minimum jail term, 12months is enough to make people think about it, then a further $10,000 on top.

Unfortunately here in WA (and I guess most states) the government of the day are pushing that most people be released to summons...

I think the view is, Police are the enforcers not judges, and the government see incarceration as a punishment… sad but I think it will ring true to a few people here.

EDIT - My bad english!
uneekwahn

Post by uneekwahn »

I certainly hope both of you aren't or never become police officers. It would be a sad, sad day if either of you were sworn in with attitudes like that.
Lucas_arts_182 wrote:the article is the sunday times was a real shock , most of the cases only got $500 against them.

i beleive in the saying "an eye for an eye"
but it seems like if a cop does what he needs to stop this from happening its "police brutality" and if he/she doesnt they end up with brain damage.
but at the end of the day a cop wont just run up and taser you in the street for no reason at all, not even if you have commited an offence and
cooperated, they will only do it if they feel as if their in danger, so really if
you get tasered you'r asking for it.
woobla1 wrote:the piece of crap that struck the officer going about his lawful duty deserves to die. If I had his address... I wont say anymore (anyone know it?)

Why the hell should police even bother protecting the community if the community couldnt give a stuff about what happens, or doesnt demand tougher action. Who protects the protectors?.

I think all police should start resigning, and lets see how the WA people / government likes it when you cant even get a police officer to attend an urgent job.

Or when the army is walking the streets because the wa cops just say, well the lot of yas.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Their probably a bit upset... :x and there simply expressing their feelings :evil: in a medium where no-one gets hurt..

Strong words but they have no intention of carrying the action..

I hope :roll:
uneekwahn

Post by uneekwahn »

Still not very appropriate to threaten physical violence against another person.

Damn keyboard warriors.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

uneekwahn wrote:I certainly hope both of you aren't or never become police officers. It would be a sad, sad day if either of you were sworn in with attitudes like that.
Well your right, I am expressing my disgust, anger to like minded individuals (some of them) about the society we live in. Better than reacting like some hot headed fool and doing something I would regret. It just makes me angry to know the only thing I can do about this is whinge on a forum, or send a letter to the local member.

I just wish we lived in a better more respectful society.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

uneekwahn wrote:Still not very appropriate to threaten physical violence against another person.

Damn keyboard warriors.
Its all our society seems to understand is physical violence these days :(

if no one can protect you, or you get in trouble for defending yourself.. what hope do we have in trusting the courts to protect us. You tell me a better way other than discussing it, and being a keyboard warrior and I will gladly listen.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

woobla1 wrote:
uneekwahn wrote:Still not very appropriate to threaten physical violence against another person.

Damn keyboard warriors.
Its all our society seems to understand is physical violence these days :(

if no one can protect you, or you get in trouble for defending yourself.. what hope do we have in trusting the courts to protect us. You tell me a better way other than discussing it, and being a keyboard warrior and I will gladly listen.
As you stated the only way is to raise support and take it to the politicians.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

they gave CPR to the POI if i can call him that , and then attended to butcher only because he was semi concious when the man went into cartiac arrest, butcher was attacked through no fault of his own , the poi had a choice ,he got involved and he got taserd , he deserved it , the police officer was portecting every one else there , and not so much themselfs unfortunatly. when i did a senior first aid course i was told , on average it will take 20 mins for an ambulance to arrive, and with the hospital beeing so close i would have taken the officer there in the van displayed on ch7's footage and left the poi for the ambulance, call me narrow minded but
he was the reason for 1) beeing taserd and 2) the officer beeing attacked
and the soloution was coming from osbourne park.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

you been watching to much of third watch the tV show in NY. You never take a person that dwn to hospital. wait for ambo. or u may get sue.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

for helping them? , although i have heard of people breaking a persons rib whilst performing CPR and getting sued for it but its better than beeing dead ungratefull s**ts,if it was me and i had to wait for an ambulance when the hospital was around the corner id want to go in the back of a van, did any one here stop and think about what could have happen if he got to joondalup hospital quicker ? he might not have brain damage
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Anyone see the mobile phone footage on channel 9