officer hit

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

Markmywords wrote:
Fastlane wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Seems like Mr Carpeneter in the west the other day took a back step with going the heavy penalities for those assualting police.

I do agree that all penalties should be firm across the board
It shouldn't be limited to Police. Should apply to any public officer, so including ambos, fireys, rangers etc..
Totally agree !!!
Should apply to any of those as mentioned :D above
In one sense if they all have extra penalities if you assult them, how bout the rest of us public? Why dont they increase it in all cases

Edit: Not saying that i dont agree with what was said in the quote though
Last edited by JPhillips on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Toottoot wrote:
slipknot wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Yes definitely. Also for playworth I wish 100% in english grammar course. :)
Dont worry playworth, Toottoot is just trying to raise his popularity by insulting people.
Sorry playworth I didn't mean it as an insult, hence the :). I thought that had been made clear in another thread somewhere....

Notwithstanding this, some people are very fortunate to have been born in this country as they would now not be allowed through immigration without an adequate command of the Queen's English.
Sorry naaaah! :lol: i say good onya Toottoot :P

In regards to the charges, I agree, it should be (common sence really) that if you do something like that then it is dealt harshly! enough bloody bullshitting around and easy coppin out of situations..to minimise people from doing the wrong thing we need to impliment tougher penalties!

Hope ya get better to mate! speedy recovery to you
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Second man charged over assault on policeman Matthew Butcher

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Panache

Post by Panache »

I agree that one must look at the root of the problem rather than dealing with the after fact / after mathe. I realise that it is almost impossible to do this with all crime. But these violent crimes that occur in a split second leave the victim with a lifetime of disability/ wounds / scars, both mental and physical.
On and on we go down the line how it affects the victim, their family, on and on...... Thank fully I have not been subject to such crime.
Yes our prisons are full to the brim ( I know this as I have a friend in prison who deserves to be there for his bad behaviour - but what led him to behave this way?)
There is a generation or 2 perhaps that have developed a "Cop - Out" pardon the pun for their bad behaviour. They truly believe in :roll: blaming everyone but themselves is acceptable for their life and it's failure to meet their ideals. I am just totally over it - hear it every day, sick to death of it.
I don't have the answer - but I hope that forums of this nature continue to raise these hardline issues and questions. Only through consistent discussion will our community and it's people eventually stand up and tell our Pollies we are sick of it. Enough is Enough.
I don't wish to single out or highlight any one issue but I personally feel that the Drug & Alcohol epidemic we are "not" dealing with well or at all, has alot to answer for. Back to the "I must be held responsible for my own actions" scenario. This come back to Community, Pollies, laws, courts on and on.....
I'm ranting now...... I'm new to this site.... I've read the site for possibly two years now but never became a forum member. Nows the time.
Hi everyone - All Public Service Officers who contribute - you are invaluable members of our community. Top Effort.
I'm in Private Enterprise, Building Industry and I'm a female.
Talk soon
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Panache wrote:There is a generation or 2 perhaps that have developed a "Cop - Out" pardon the pun for their bad behaviour. They truly believe in :roll: blaming everyone but themselves is acceptable for their life and it's failure to meet their ideals. I am just totally over it - hear it every day, sick to death of it.
I know all too well what you are saying. I deal with it every working day. *sigh* ](*,)

Good to see you contributing. Welcome to the site. :)
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

Fastlane wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Seems like Mr Carpeneter in the west the other day took a back step with going the heavy penalities for those assualting police.

I do agree that all penalties should be firm across the board
It shouldn't be limited to Police. Should apply to any public officer, so including ambos, fireys, rangers etc..
It should apply to the general public. The reason why people reoffend here is because of the lax approach to sentencing. If you can murder someone and get out after 10 years it tells you theirs a problem with the system.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Reading the west today. He is still in a coma.

And after a couple of serious assaults last night in perth.

We need a serious review off sentancing whos hands are tied and why so.

No good if the police are doing the best they can do get a conviction then to have someone walk out with a 12 month community based order because he has a few screws lose.

(In the west last week if you can recall the 2 officers attacked at herdsman lake)
uneekwahn

Post by uneekwahn »

I hope the guy he tasered who had recently had a heart operation and suffered a heart attack after the tasering is ok.
yorky

Post by yorky »

I thought it was found that the Tazer didn't go off?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

yeah,it said that he shot the taser but it didnt go off and then when POI hitbutted officer butcher. :(
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

See the POI was refused bail today and that the officer is slowly coming out of his induced coma but they said it seems like he is going to have some form off permanent brain damage.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Markmywords wrote:seems like he is going to have some form off permanent brain damage.
Unfortunately he may not be able to speak again and apparently he will be paralysed down one side of his body, thereby wheelchair bound for life.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

westernwedgey wrote:
Markmywords wrote:seems like he is going to have some form off permanent brain damage.
Unfortunately he may not be able to speak again and apparently he will be paralysed down one side of his body, thereby wheelchair bound for life.
According to the ABC website that was Constable Barry Butcher, not Matthew Butcher.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Toottoot wrote:
westernwedgey wrote:
According to the ABC website that was Constable Barry Butcher, not Matthew Butcher.
Sounds like they got his name wrong.

Front page of The West > http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... entID=8876 yesterday
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator