Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Glen »

Hi All

316 on Roe HWY Forrestfield north lanes CLOSED
at Berkshire road
Roe Hwy CLOSED at TONKin HWY NORTH

Regards Glen
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Glen »

Hi All

Channel Nine News on site

Regards Glen
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

The link below is the current traffic info from Main Roads - I haven't heard much at all - except for the Tow Truck on its frequency going "priority" to this job.

http://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/NR/mrwa/ ... ions.asp?7

If anyone has any more details please let us know.
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Glen »

Hi

most comm's whent by mob phone when major's were called

Regards Glen
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

gkoutlis wrote:- except for the Tow Truck on its frequency going "priority" to this job.
What do you mean by this....
Last edited by Ludacris on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

The following link is in regards to yesterdays tragic 316

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17 ... 45,00.html
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Ludacris,

Towies and Taxis are the worst offenders for it, I was in town yesterday arvo and gave up counting how many Taxi drivers I saw committing road traffic offences.

Sometimes I see Towies tear-arsing around with their flashing orange lights on quite clearly over the posted speed-limit.

cheers

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

As i explained to Tom and Glen via PM's - I heard the direct order by Swan Towing Radio Supervisor, that the tow trucks responding to the accident scene were given the green light by Police to attend the scene ASAP. The tow truck company advised the drivers to have their Orange Lights on, and get there as quick as they could.

I don't know why they would authorise this, but the word Priority was mentioned clearly by VKI - saying that the tow trucks were coming under priority - What this means - I have absolutley no idea?????? I only know what i heard, and i am sure Glen heard the same command - I only post true things not exagerated things.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

There is no way that Towies should have any priority to go to jobs at all.

If I happened to see them using there lights I would definatly be looking into it.

They only have authority to use their (orange) lights when in a stationary position at an accident.

Gkoutlis not having a go mate, just my opinion.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Glen »

Hi All
[quote] I heard the direct order by Swan Towing Radio Supervisor, that the tow trucks responding to the accident scene were given the green light by Police to attend the scene ASAP. The tow truck company advised the drivers to have their Orange Lights on, and get there as quick as they could.

That is what I heard as well.

Regards Glen
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Would be interesting to see a towie get out of a speeding fine when flashed by a camera??
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

hmm. If tow trucks need to respond urgently, if police request it, certain ones should have the RIGHT lights + sirens needed for priority driving.

If i saw a tow truck with its orange lights on, coming up and flashing its lights, and beeping @ me, id probly just keep driving!

If the police need them priortiy, why not have a Few with RED lights, like WPC have.. and have the drivers trained for urgent duty driving.

Cheers
A
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Because they are not an emergency service and they do not assist in life threatning incidents.

Police, Fire and Ambos are emergency services (dah) and WPC fall under the Hazmat banner for FESA when dealing with life threatening electrical emergencies, they are all qualified sparkies.

Main Roads are looking at making their HERO patrol vehicles capable of emergency responce in certain circumstances to ensure smooth traffic flow.

I can not think of a need for a tow truck to be an emgergency vehicle, simply moving a car off the road is not an emergency situation.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

dazla wrote:There is no way that Towies should have any priority to go to jobs at all.

If I happened to see them using there lights I would definatly be looking into it.

They only have authority to use their (orange) lights when in a stationary position at an accident.
Thats not exactly correct (the last bit) but regardless, the order was probably for them to go around any traffic bank-up (use emergency lanes and the like). If they took it any other way, then they're idiots.

Regardless of what the Police might request, if they ran red lights or went over the posted speed limit, they are breaking the law. You cant even break the law to get out of the way of an emergency/police vehicle - how in the hell would you be allowed to break the law when TOLD to by the police?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

dazla wrote: Main Roads are looking at making their HERO patrol vehicles capable of emergency responce in certain circumstances to ensure smooth traffic flow.

I can not think of a need for a tow truck to be an emgergency vehicle, simply moving a car off the road is not an emergency situation.
.. and neither is ensuring smooth traffic flow.