police chase protocol

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Avtur50_exVet

Pursuits

Post by Avtur50_exVet »

The bloke from the gong
I was a RAAF crew member at Richmond and you are correct and the sandgroper is 100% correct my brother is a member of WAPOL
Pat
I'm an ex Serviceman Viet Vet Ret'd

Honour The Dead
Fight Like Hell For The Living
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

:? right yes fair enough, don't know about anyone else but that didn't make a lot of sense
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Pursuits

Post by westernwedgey »

Avtur50_exVet wrote:The bloke from the gong
If it helps people in WA or anywhere outside NSW understand, this means the bloke from Wollongong, i think he's referring to Steve NSWP.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Bobby wrote:
SteveNSWP wrote:Here they also take perticular note of the officers voice. If they sense that u are succumbing to the excitment of it all they will call "terminate". U definately need someone whose not there and not affected by it all to monitor all aspects of the pursuit.
I think that the same thing happens here. I have noticed a few times when the officer has sounded a bit excited, or even super stressed, they have been told to abort.

As a scanner listener, it can be really frustrating, because you get caught up in 'the thrill of the chase' too.(which is probably coming from the officers voice) But as you say, the DI, with all of their experience, are sitting there being subjective, and realise that it is probably getting dangerous.
Duty Inspector, experience, objective. Four words never to be used in one sentence. Experience, yes at looking out windows over their desk, operational policing experience...no
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

woobla wrote:In the US they rarely ever abandon a pursuit regardless of the outcome
yeah, on wildest police chases you often hear them saying "hes gonna crash, hes all over the road" , then within seconds they vier off the road and hug a tree.
But even under these cercomstances they still chases , we need a happy medium in between AUS and US..... agreed?.
because we cant alwas have PolAir, TK's and CD's in the area and ready to go , some one has to chase untill they get there.
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

CHEV4EVR wrote:Duty Inspector, experience, objective. Four words never to be used in one sentence. Experience, yes at looking out windows over their desk, operational policing experience...no
:oops:
crewman

Police & Vehicle Pursuits

Post by crewman »

Let's leave it to the 'real' Police Guys ...

Armchair scanner listeners should be just that.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

i agree crewman , its funny how every one has theit oppinion on what the police should have done.
but you dont tell a paramedic how to splint your broken arm
or tell i firefighter how to put out the fire burning your house down.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:i agree crewman , its funny how every one has theit oppinion on what the police should have done.
Ive seen bystanders tell paramedics what to do haha...
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:i agree crewman , its funny how every one has theit oppinion on what the police should have done.
hahah just last weekend i had a bloke tell me how to put out a poletop fire ? :lol:
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Millsy wrote:
hahah just last weekend i had a bloke tell me how to put out a poletop fire ? :lol:
haha... backseat drivers are bad enough... but now it seems we have 'backseat firies'... now i find that funny...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Millsy wrote:
I heard the other night freo 1st called to a pole top fire in spearwood where vandals had cut a lock and operated a switch which caused arcing. The firies had called for western power but operated the switch again while waiting.

As an electrician this is abig no-no and can cause safety issues for operators and the public so I was horrified when they said they had done that.

Do the firies do any high voltage training or electrical safety training?