Boat crash fri night on river

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Kombi

Boat crash fri night on river

Post by Kombi »

there was a major boat crash last night Friday,where a cabin cruiser hit a huge unlight pylon marker post. boat was over crowded according to police and speed, in-experience and grog were major factors, it was claimed that spectators claimed they were skylarking around,,one teenage girl is in a stable but serious condition,most others were tossed into the drink, teenager driver may be charged. nine 6pm news
Toottoot
Banned

Re: Boat crash fri night on river

Post by Toottoot »

Kombi wrote:there was a major boat crash last night Friday,where a cabin cruiser hit a huge unlight pylon marker post. boat was over crowded according to police and speed, in-experience and grog were major factors, it was claimed that spectators claimed they were skylarking around,,one teenage girl is in a stable but serious condition,most others were tossed into the drink, teenager driver may be charged. nine 6pm news
What did you pick up on your scanner about it? Or has this become a regurgitated news posting forum?
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

He's just trolling now, its better to ignore it and let him be one with his failness.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

There will be some scanner audio of this incident on youtube shortly (uploading now..)
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

... How did you get your Kombi out there mate ?

That woulda proved difficult for traffic management...
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I find it best to describe my words into a picture for you Kombi.

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Lol failboat clearly needs failcake

SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

Hey fellas. I was there down at the crash site last night. I was driving over the bridge heading back home (towards freo) before the police were on the scene and saw that there was a boat up on the sand. One of the girls stumbled towards the road and we noticed she was drenched in blood; and so was one of the males of the boat who was stumbling after her. We pulled over and parked near the IGA shopping center and ran down to obviously offer some help. By the time we got to her a police car was on the scene and doing their thing. Next thing you know all you coudl hear was sirens from every direction.
Within about 5 minutes there was about half a dozen police cars there with polair helping out with it's nitesun. After than about 4 ambulances rocked up and so did the water rats, plus a fire truck to help cut one of the kids out.

All in all, it was pretty full on. The cops were on top of things and they clearly didn't need any assistance. The firemen were busy cutting the kid out of the boat (took forever) and the paramedics were attending to the blood drenched girl and the bloke trapped in the boat with cops hanging around providing assistance. About 30-40 minutes into the whole thing the camera crews started rocking up (cops let them in real close on the action because the camera crew was assisting by providing a heck of a lot of light) and the people from the Raffle hotel bar started crowding around and acting like twats so I left.

Long story short, lots of blood, lots of upset kids, parents on the scene and a very large amount of vehicles with flashing lights. Exciting stuff...but quite upsetting all the same....naturally. I've got photos on my mobile but terrible quality. I'll try and upload them.

where a cabin cruiser hit a huge unlight pylon marker post

I wouldn't call it a cabin cruiser. It was no more than a glorified dinghy. No shit. Was a tiny boat.
Kiss Me I'm Irish
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

How many camera crews rocked up?
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

I think there was about two by the time I left. I walked away because the camera crew were being wankers and so was most of the crowd...cracking jokes and the like. There was also a bunch of stills photographers there. Not just happy snappers, but proper media photojournos.
Kiss Me I'm Irish
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

SOE digital wrote:I think there was about two by the time I left. I walked away because the camera crew were being wankers and so was most of the crowd...cracking jokes and the like. There was also a bunch of stills photographers there. Not just happy snappers, but proper media photojournos.
I would be very careful who you call a wanker. Chromii has a lot of friends out there!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-X
celestial_insight
Banned

There is a maximum speed ANYWHERE on the river after sunset of 8 knots (which is about 5km/h - very slow). I very much doubt that speedboat was doing 8 knots or less considering the damage he caused. Also, if he knew what he was doing he would have known that nav marker was there. I hope he is charged.
celestial_insight
Banned

The father of the driver is about to speak on channel 10 news.
celestial_insight
Banned

I can't believe the idiot of a father demands that all nav markers now be lit because his incompetant son surely could not be at fault. I have been using the river during day and night for 18 years and have never had a problem. What a knob.
chromii

Post by chromii »

SOE digital=I walked away because the camera crew were being wankers
For the record, I would like to know exactly how the crew were being "Wankers".

Was it them doing their job, as opposed to rubber necking.

or was it them rendering assistance with lighting for the SJA before filming.

As there was only 2 of us, myself filming from a distance & my friend holding the light at the boat.
I would like to know who we were "Cracking jokes with".

This is an open forum & you are entitled to your comments
but I am also entitled to rebut them.
What is said is not important.
What is heard is all that matters.