UQ205 crash... (Pic)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Bonez

UQ205 crash... (Pic)

Post by Bonez »

Hi all,

A mate of mine took this photo on the way home from work. He said that the traffic was thick while they moved all this off the road. Looks like the cop car rear ended another car.

It was the intersection of Wellington & Beaufort st's.

Image[/img]
Kombi

Re: UQ205 crash... (Pic)

Post by Kombi »

Bonez wrote:Hi all,

A mate of mine took this photo on the way home from work. He said that the traffic was thick while they moved all this off the road. Looks like the cop car rear ended another car.

Image[/img]

And does that driver get fined for dangerous driving, failing to keep a safe distance, like we do, or are they infallable in uniform ?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

No doubt there'll be an enquiry, into the incident as with us. The result I don't know, but we don't know the circumstances either, the other car may have been the one at fault.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

[quote="Kombi"][quote="Bonez"]Hi all,

[img]http://60.242.225.225/img006.jpg[/img][/img][/quote]

And does that driver get fined for dangerous driving, failing to keep a safe distance, like we do, or are they infallable in uniform ?[/quote]

you seem to be jumping the gun considering only 2nd hand information was offered and that was only an opinion... and like all crashes involving the police it will be investigated
Kombi

Post by Kombi »

GC101 wrote:
Kombi wrote:
Bonez wrote:Hi all,

Image[/img]

And does that driver get fined for dangerous driving, failing to keep a safe distance, like we do, or are they infallable in uniform ?
you seem to be jumping the gun considering only 2nd hand information was offered and that was only an opinion... and like all crashes involving the police it will be investigated
Not at all, only asked a straight forward question.
Delta_246

Post by Delta_246 »

I heard a person on the mobile phone failed to give way to the car under P2 conditions....

I wasnt anywhere near there, all the way over in West Perth / West Leederville.

Kombi, you dont know of just what happened why saying that being in a cop car your like god - untouch able.

P.S [sorry for the haste in writing]
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

The second last line of your post makes my head hurt Delta.

Also thanks for the pic Bonez :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
Delta_246

Post by Delta_246 »

I did apolgise!!!!! I had to post quickly...........
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Yep I saw that scene too :)

Took me about half an hour to get from the Entertainment Centre to the train station. Traffic was gummed up quite well.

By the time I got to the traffic lights at the crash intersection, the flat bed truck had just winched the police car onto it and moved out of the middle of the intersection. Which meant I was the first car allowed to go straight ahead towards RPH instead of being forced to turn left and go over the Barrack St bridge.

There were half a dozen bicycle police directing traffic and doing quite a good job under the circumstances. Each lane in each direction got a fair go, nobody was left stranded for any longer than necessary. And of course there were hordes of pedestrians to worry about as well.

As I went through the intersection, the other car that was invovled looked like a BMW or similar. I couldn't see damage to the rear, the right hand side or the front, so I can only assume that it was hit in the left side. Of course all this was from the half a second or so that it took me to drive past so it might not be all that reliable.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

All I can say is 'Um Mar!'
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

Delta_246 wrote:I heard a person on the mobile phone failed to give way to the car under P2 conditions....

I wasnt anywhere near there, all the way over in West Perth / West Leederville.

Kombi, you dont know of just what happened why saying that being in a cop car your like god - untouch able.

P.S [sorry for the haste in writing]

LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS!!!!! :smt059
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Kombi im surprised you didnt do your traffic directing there :)
Delta_246

Post by Delta_246 »

Markmywords wrote:Kombi im surprised you didnt do your traffic directing there :)
He would have been told nicely to 'Get Lost" as when we rocked up bout 30mins after it was swarming with bike patrol dudes [who incidentially were called a swarm of bees by my partner for the day]

LOL - Does the Kombi suggest he drives a VW Combi?
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Indeed it does man, there's pics somewhere.
ryno

Post by ryno »

Not at all, only asked a straight forward question.
That's called a loaded question, not a straight forward one.

A straight forward question would be something like "Is it hot today?"...