Joondalup Police, scanning issue 469.075

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gilesh

Joondalup Police, scanning issue 469.075

Post by gilesh »

Hi Guys
Over the last 2 weeks I have been having an issue with the Joondalup (Ocean Reef) frequency of 469.075.
It started about two weeks ago when there was a lot of static on the frequency. The following few days there was nothing on the frequency, just a little crackle every now and then.
About a week ago I started being able to hear the radio operator but no Cars. Now, I can’t hear anything again.
Over the last few days at random times the frequency has suddenly sprang into life where I can hear everything but then magically goes dead for the next few days.
I live in the center of the Ocean Reef area (Mullaloo) and used to be able to receive Joondalup police perfectly.

Now for the strange part, I can hear all other Police and ATC, CB perfectly.

Thanks for your help.
Giles.
PD224

Post by PD224 »

Could be the time of the year, conditions of the day. Or you may have gotten water or something over your scanner.
FESA - Port Denison Sea Search & Rescue
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

It's dropped in and out sporadically ever since the majority of the district went onto the digital radio system.
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

They have stopped using it as someone unauthorised keeps getting on there and causing trouble. Thats what i heard on 48 when they first stopped using it.
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Yes HEKTIK is correct. They are no longer using 469.075, change to 469.025 and you will be able to hear the Joondalup channel. You should be able to pick it up fine in Ocean Reef.
gilesh

Post by gilesh »

Thanks for the info.
Its been working ok for the past week (back on the old channel of 469.075). However over the last couple of days I can only hear VKI, no reply from the police cars. 469.025 is just dead, I can’t pick up anything. It’s been pretty quiet on the other police channels as well.
Could this be the change over to digital?
Thanks, Giles.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

gilesh wrote:Thanks for the info.
Its been working ok for the past week (back on the old channel of 469.075). However over the last couple of days I can only hear VKI, no reply from the police cars. 469.025 is just dead, I can’t pick up anything. It’s been pretty quiet on the other police channels as well.
Could this be the change over to digital?
Thanks, Giles.
You would be correct - because its happening to channel 21 as well... last night after 10:30pm - there was a complete silence - at one stage i heard one car calling VKI - but although I didnt hear vki - the chick officer replied - "roger recieve that vki" - So yes - i beleive they tend to use digital in the late evenings - but i could be wrong.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

fyi - south east metro is doing the same thing. i can sometimes here VKI calling a car, the car responding... silence for a few mins then VKI giving time details. why is the radio signal cutting in and out?
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
RAMBO

Re: Joondalup Police, scanning issue 469.075

Post by RAMBO »

gilesh wrote:Hi Guys
Over the last 2 weeks I have been having an issue with the Joondalup (Ocean Reef) frequency of 469.075.
It started about two weeks ago when there was a lot of static on the frequency. The following few days there was nothing on the frequency, just a little crackle every now and then.
About a week ago I started being able to hear the radio operator but no Cars. Now, I can’t hear anything again.
Over the last few days at random times the frequency has suddenly sprang into life where I can hear everything but then magically goes dead for the next few days.
I live in the center of the Ocean Reef area (Mullaloo) and used to be able to receive Joondalup police perfectly.

Thanks for your help.
Giles.
They have gone Didigital as like Mirrabooka, but with problems, cars not fitted with digital in the said areas can be heard, info from a Snr Sgnt...
gkoutlis

Re: Joondalup Police, scanning issue 469.075

Post by gkoutlis »

RAMBO wrote:
gilesh wrote:Hi Guys

Thanks for your help.
Giles.
They have gone Didigital as like Mirrabooka, but with problems, cars not fitted with digital in the said areas can be heard, info from a Snr Sgnt...
That's helpful to know, so we still can listen in for a little while longer :)
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

so has anyone actually got a digital scanner and picking up any of the digital channels? are they currently encrypted?

RIP
RAMBO

Didgital

Post by RAMBO »

HEKTIK wrote:so has anyone actually got a digital scanner and picking up any of the digital channels? are they currently encrypted?
When they go completely digital, as Ch 21 did on Tuesday for a test, and also some other Channels have trialed, YOU WILL NO LONGER HEAR A THING,, nor is there a scanner caperable to unscramble the encryption, so listening to Police will die slowely..
Toottoot
Banned

Re: Didgital

Post by Toottoot »

RAMBO wrote:
HEKTIK wrote:so has anyone actually got a digital scanner and picking up any of the digital channels? are they currently encrypted?
When they go completely digital, as Ch 21 did on Tuesday for a test, and also some other Channels have trialed, YOU WILL NO LONGER HEAR A THING,, nor is there a scanner caperable to unscramble the encryption, so listening to Police will die slowely..
Until the day comes when the code is cracked!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Toottoot wrote:
Until the day comes when the code is cracked!
I seriously doubt it. :smt022
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

RAMBO wrote:
OK have you tried to listen with a digital scanner??

RIP