RIP Polair 61

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

yorky

Post by yorky »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:where is it, suburb?
Well this was 24 hours ago, unsure if its up tonight.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
jasonjag
Banned

Polair 61 airborne

Post by jasonjag »

Just observed Polair 61 circle east of Perth AP and then traven west towards Scarborough over Dianella, then head south towards freo 2130

SUNDAY TIMES, reads an article where the WAPOLICE will sell off old Police stations and other land they own to fund the purchase of 2 new choppers where the WA Government has let the Force down with lack of Funding to purchase the choppers.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

^ So therefore not really a budget Item like everyone's making it out to be then :?:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
jasonjag
Banned

Budget

Post by jasonjag »

ZO100_marto wrote:^ So therefore not really a budget Item like everyone's making it out to be then :?:
No the stupid Gov is more concerned to waste $ of building that stupid Barrack st developement on th river, and the new Staduim, which we dont need, than put the $$ into where it should go, Police, Nurses, Hospitals, etc, If thge Gov is going to spend so many $$$ million, then there should be a referendum to if thats what the peoples taxes are spent on. The budget is a farse.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

we need a new stadium, stuff the east perth lockup
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Bring on the foreshore development
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Last edited by Lucas_arts_182 on Thu May 15, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Then wouldn't the government be more interested in spending the money on cultural experiences and inspiration to lure people away from a life of boganism?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

You can't please everyone all the time. Such is life, get over it :P
jasonjag
Banned

well said

Post by jasonjag »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:We need the choppers more then the digital network and WRX's / Astras.
The gov. just want to make themselfs look good, by sticking up entertainment centers and flash new buildings , instead of putting the money where its needed.
Well said and totally agree.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Yes, VIC police use Eurocpter Duaphin helos, an economical alternative to the BOK117 (polair 61) is the Eurocpoter EC135.
http://www.eurocopter.com/site/FO/scrip ... hp?lang=EN
CHC and Bristow operarte the Sikorsky S-76 - intended originally as an executive transport, gobble the fuel and are becoming old.
Bristow is looking at replacing S 76s with AW139s, which are more effieicent and have HUMS (health and usage monitoring system) or realtime black box http://www.agustawestland.com/products0 ... product=15
So yes normal BOK117s are good aircrafe, though I believe polair61 was damaged on the wharf on delivery. Me trvelling in helisopters every month is toooo often. :shock:
Pty

Post by Pty »

Wow the WA has police choppers? QLD has none... :(
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Yeah but don't you guys have a stack of b-s Westpac rescue choppers or something?

I always seem to see on TV the poor bastards who get taken out by a rip in the water and a chopper comes to their rescue.

That is completely unheard of over here. There is an RAC chopper but from the amount of (minimal) publicity, it seems that it only goes up once or twice a year.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Bonez wrote:Yeah but don't you guys have a stack of b-s Westpac rescue choppers or something?

I always seem to see on TV the poor bastards who get taken out by a rip in the water and a chopper comes to their rescue.

That is completely unheard of over here. There is an RAC chopper but from the amount of (minimal) publicity, it seems that it only goes up once or twice a year.
What are you on about??? - Rescue 65 a few months ago, clocked up its 1000th rescue mission... Rescue 65, is the 2nd busiest aircraft other than the RFDS and Polair61.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:We need the choppers more then the digital network and WRX's / Astras.
The gov. just want to make themselfs look good, by sticking up entertainment centers and flash new buildings , instead of putting the money where its needed.
Speak for yourself, digital network is probably the greatest advancement in WAPOL since the introduction of the motor vehicle.