RIP Polair 61

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

RIP Polair 61

Post by Ausrob »

She's going out of service in the next 18 months to make way for two new choppers. Group buy anyone :D
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Hey Ausrob, are you saying that WAPol will then have TWO police helicopters operational ??
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

this was mentioned on the news just before.. PolAir 61 looks like its going to be sold off.. with other 'police assets' no longer needed to fund 2 new police choppers...

We are still going to have 1 less than Adelaide... which is quite sad...

i wonder if by 'police assets' they really mean all the unclaimed stolen property and frozen assets of crime figures...!? haha
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

auntys_eyes wrote:Hey Ausrob, are you saying that WAPol will then have TWO police helicopters operational ??
Correct, two new choppers one would assume smaller ~ 18 months off. Government will be selling Polair 61 and unused police land to pay for the new birds
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Lets hope the 2 new birds are in the air more than on the ground.

LOL @ group buy for polair 61..someone better have a big back yard
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

has adelaide got two on top of rescue/medical helicoptors
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

Toottoot wrote:has adelaide got two on top of rescue/medical helicoptors
Adelaide has three apparently, and the Vics have 6. It's going to be a sad day when she's gone. I'm going to miss her distinct sound.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Ausrob wrote:
Toottoot wrote:has adelaide got two on top of rescue/medical helicoptors
Adelaide has three apparently, and the Vics have 6. It's going to be a sad day when she's gone. I'm going to miss her distinct sound.
AMEN to that!. PolAir 61 sure does have a distinct sound and it will be missed flying over at CRAZY hours...

Btw.. Heard Rescue 65 out and about last night.. was listening to the ATC at jandakot at about 1am heard Rescue 65 inbound to land. flew right above my house just after heard the initial landing intentions...

anyone know why it was out and about???
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

It was heading past Armadale at around 10-11pm last night
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

WOW our very own chopper squad. Bring on the blue bikinis
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Last edited by Lucas_arts_182 on Thu May 15, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

True a sad day in the life of Polair 61.... but if the Vic Police choppers are a taste of what we might get, bring it on.

:twisted:
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Last edited by Lucas_arts_182 on Thu May 15, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Mind you having seen Polair 61 up close, she has served her time - and has captured some very interesting footage - She's seen more pursuits from the air and Dangerous Escapees than I care to imagine.... :D

I think Polair 61 has served it purpose, and it's sad they are selling it off... not sure what the new 2 choppers will be - Maybe Eucarelli's???
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

gkoutlis wrote:Mind you having seen Polair 61 up close, she has served her time - and has captured some very interesting footage - She's seen more pursuits from the air and Dangerous Escapees than I care to imagine.... :D

I think Polair 61 has served it purpose, and it's sad they are selling it off... not sure what the new 2 choppers will be - Maybe Eucarelli's???
Maybe Apache Attack Helicopters, wouldnt that be fun to watch. :lol: