Curtin University under new Police Jurestiction

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Curtin University under new Police Jurestiction

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi all;

Seeing as I work here at Curtin, I'd like to let you all know of the following;
Dear Colleagues,

Curtin Security advises students and staff that local police officers, mounted police and police cars will be present on the Bentley Campus between 1pm and 9pm on Tuesday 11 September as part of a familiarisation exercise being conducted by Curtin Security and Cannington Police.

The Bentley Campus now comes under the responsibility of the Cannington Police; previously it was under the jurisdiction of the Kensington Police.

This exercise is part of the University’s ongoing commitment to working closely with the Western Australian Police, in particular the local police, in upgrading its security measures.

On the day, up to 14 police officers, four police horses, marked and unmarked police cars and foot patrols will be present on Campus.

Police and Curtin security officers will patrol all areas of the Campus including student housing and Technology Park.

The Cannington Police Control Centre will be set up in a marked van that will be highly visible in Henderson Court. The Police Control Centre will also be a source of information where people can talk with police officers and Curtin Security about personal security, home security and other ways of staying safe on campus.

For any inquiries please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
So between 1pm and 9pm - come by Curtin University in Bentley to take snaps of the vehicles that will be on campus. Have also heard from a "special source" - that Polair 61 will be there as well to take a "photographic images" of the pathways/roads/etc on campus to better assist ground personal in the event of any future "incidents" - Let me know who is coming, and when, and if I'm not on a call out - I'll come past for a quick yarn.... - Aparantly a Police Command Post will be set up - and the local Special Ops channels will be operational...

Cheers

G
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

On September 11 huh??

Maybe familiaristation isn't the only reason they will be there??
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Kinetic wrote:On September 11 huh??

Maybe familiaristation isn't the only reason they will be there??
:wink:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Sounds like to me too much of a coincendence to me !!!

gkoutlis would it be safe to say that the campus maybe "dodgy"

Any reason why just this curtain uni ?

But it would definatley be a good day for happy snaps, 2 different pics i havent seen posted up yet 1) Mounted 2) Push Bike Patrol (i did see quite alot of them 2 weeks ago cycling up the bike path on the freeway though)
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Well when i was working at the new Curtin Labs about a year ago, i used to go to the hillview deli (about 1min drive away) for lunch as they make a killer chicken briyani. The local halal butcher there used to have pictures of the 911 attacks plastered in the shopfront windows. Not saying there are terrorist there but there are definatally supporters in the area and quite alot of them from what ive seen in 6 months that i was working there and frequenting the area.

** I am in no way saying there are any terrorists or terrorist activity in or around curtin uni **

I can get photos any day of push bike patrols (city support) if you guys really want them.
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Hektik: Totally understand where your coming from though :)

Nice disclaimer as well :P

Im also guessing maybe a high crime rate area *shrugs*
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Well - as I assist in the emergency response team of Curtin - I don't think there is any "link" to why they picked today....

It's pretty much an opportunity for the JC guys to get to know us = Security-FirstAid(medic) - Medical Facilities - and yeah there are alot of places to hide around Curtin, there has been an increase in breakins - but alot of them were unsuccessful in stealing things - which is a good thing... I guess the JC guys are more equipped....

Tom wil be angry at me today - I don't have a spare battery for my camera, so im relying on who ever would like to come down this arvo and take some snaps on my behalf.... :wink:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

gkoutlis Do you have the first responder programme going there ?

Go buy some new batteries :P
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

gkoutlis wrote:Well - as I assist in the emergency response team of Curtin - I don't think there is any "link" to why they picked today....
So I take it Curtin Uni is still standing then..

Well it's still early in the day, there's still time.

Stay on your toes Mr. G
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Police Command Post - JC-6xx - now setup and operational - close to the Library - up to 6 unmarked cars - 2 of them Delta Cars - Forensic Car - JC-401, 402 here - and quite a few beats....

Not a bad turn out - Horses rocking up shortly with TK - ;)

Spewin i dont have my camera.... :cry: :oops:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:gkoutlis Do you have the first responder programme going there ?

Go buy some new batteries :P
Unfortunatley we don't have the First Responder yet - MMW - but I am pushing for it...so see how it goes...

G
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

thanks for the update gkoutlis, those units seem a bit excessive for a familiarisation, the missus is going to class tonight so hopefully all is in order
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

nachoman wrote:thanks for the update gkoutlis, those units seem a bit excessive for a familiarisation, the missus is going to class tonight so hopefully all is in order
That's what I thought, unless there is something they are not telling us.... I've lost count by the many times i've been approached - being asked what's going on - from what it looks, its a standard excersise i guess :smt102
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

gkoutlis: We got the first responder system in place at work and only works WHEN sja call us, and even then the "first responders" turn up on the floor empty handed leaving the defib and oxygen in the first aid room.

Did you get any pics today ?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:gkoutlis: We got the first responder system in place at work and only works WHEN sja call us, and even then the "first responders" turn up on the floor empty handed leaving the defib and oxygen in the first aid room.

Did you get any pics today ?
Yeah having a First Responder System will be great, hard part is convincing the "other people" here...

Unfortunatley I couldn't find a replacement battery for my camera, so was unable to take pics :cry: