WAPOL - MF-811

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

WAPOL - MF-811

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys, heard this interesting callsign last night on Channel 8 at approx 22:05 last night.

It called up VKI asking for a vehicle MDL check - VKI asked again who it was - and the guy replied Airport Police????

I swear I heard it right, because VKI did repeat his callsign and Airport Police - after a short while, VKI gave the splurge on the MDL details and MF-811 thanked VKI for his help....

Is this the callsign for Protective Services??? Do they even have the right to pull cars over?? (If it was Protective Servs)....
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I worked out at the airport for 2 years and i can confirm i have seen these guys pull people over.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:I worked out at the airport for 2 years and i can confirm i have seen these guys pull people over.
Wow.... ohhh ok - So they are allowed to dial up VKI - and ask for MDL status checks etc and issues speeding fines etc??

Thanks MMW for that, glad I wasn't hearing things :wink:

G
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I dont know exactley what durastriction they have in giving out fines never seen them do speed checks, but vehicles acting suspiciously they usually stop or approach them do a license check etc, more so because of terrorism risk more so now than years before.

Any security problems we had airport security came first then protective services then the FP if it was serious.
BF

Post by BF »

I think you'll find that there are WAPOL officers based at Perth Airport now. Protective Services don't have radio comms with VKI.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

there is wapol at the dap now cos i see them sometimes on way into work
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

some fedpol at the airport are also wapol so yes they can use state and federal powers
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

we have a map up here at work showing where the wapol is patroling and where they aint
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

munchkin1981 wrote:we have a map up here at work showing where the wapol is patroling and where they aint
So you can direct the drivers without work permits elsewhere?? :lol:
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

nar id direct striaght top the police cos they are driving me nuts today
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Heard another MF car last night asking for TK cars to assist with a vehicle driving off-road (in bush) towards Horrie Miller Drv - heading Int Airport.

MF-211 - asked VKI for other cars and TK - VKI dispatched JB-103??? - and a JC car with 2 x TK cars.

Anyone else hear this?

What I did hear though, is that these guys although they communicate with VKI - the guy said to VKI the callsign MF-211 is just what they use, they are not on CAD - as they use a "Federal System" - so Vki can't see them tasking or assign jobs.... so just to let you all in the loop.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

cheers for that, i dont hear anything out the airport way unfortunatley
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:cheers for that, i dont hear anything out the airport way unfortunatley
No worries at all.

Sorry did forget to mention, I heard it on Channel 8 WAPOL channel ;o)

G
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

:D