Bomb Scare Leederville

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

chromii

Bomb Scare Leederville

Post by chromii »

Morning all
Last night at around 10:30pm a package was left on a table
in the Leederville Hotel.
A patron said it had C4 written on it & had 2 batteries & a timer attached.
Security moved the whole table to the rear carpark (very brave).
Police cleared the Hotel & streets around the hotel.

The bomb squad sent in their robot to check it out.
It must have been ok as it was picked up & taken away
by a man with no protection other than thin white gloves.

Hope you enjoy the 3 screen grabs
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2953 ... le1vy9.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/58/b ... le2xj6.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8991 ... le3om0.jpg
What is said is not important.
What is heard is all that matters.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I was there - providing First Aid for the venue - right up until security alerted each other via radio that a possible explosive device was left outside the rear exit.

I assisted other fellow security officers, and began a mass evacuation of approx 1,500 patrons.

Streets cleared included - Oxford Street (total lock down) Vincent & Oxford blocked off - Rear carpark of leedy blocked off - Newcastle and Oxford street blocked off - after all patrons cleared from venue - we evacuated to across the road on Oxford where Giardinis is.

According to news reports this morning, suspected explosive device was deemed a hoax and not the real thing - Bomb squad cleared and gave the okay 1.5 hours later - from approx 22:45

A white (fairly new) Izuzu truck with tilt tray at the back - rolled through - which i beleive was QO305??? had the robot in there. Alot of cars attended to assist including Local Rangers - GC cars, GW cars Delta and traffic cars all assisted with evac and road blocks.

All i can say, is from being there, thank God it was a fake and not the real thing...

G
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

Hi Gkoutlis

Yes it was a very busy night, several cars went P1 others P2 to assist, I managed to have a peek into the Isuzu truck but didn’t take notice if it was QO305 but I am 95%certain that you’re correct.

From what I got there, it all worked smoothly with security doing a good job in evacuating the area, and the Brave security personal moving the table. (Though its better to leave it where it was JUST in case it was real and exploded from moving)

Thank God it was fake as well, could you imagine the mess?

Travelled down Beauford Street after the event and witnessed 3 x GC cars outside an apartment all with cups in there hand!!!! LOL thanks for the Coffee Boys!

Stretch.....
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

I was listening after 11pm, and the roadblocks were still in place, until at lest midnight. I didn't know what was going on at the time, but assumed it was something big. Especially when I heard they had cleared the Leedy.

Thanks for the above posts guys, put me out of my misery of not knowing what had happened. :D
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Pics not bad at all, stupid hoax wasting police resources though dont know if it was brave or stupid moving the bomb into the carpark IF it was real they would be using small plastic bags to pick up what was left this morning.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Markmywords wrote:Pics not bad at all, stupid hoax wasting police resources though dont know if it was brave or stupid moving the bomb into the carpark IF it was real they would be using small plastic bags to pick up what was left this morning.
Nope it would have been done then and there, as was evidence a couple of years ago, when a guy blew himself up in the street. SES was out most of the night searching for all the bits so some young kid didn't find it. While there may not have been any young kids around there, I think the emu bob would have started not long after forensics were finished taking photo's of the scene.

Neat pics Chromii, glad you managed to get some of the Robot!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Stretch wrote:Hi Gkoutlis

Yes it was a very busy night, several cars went P1 others P2 to assist, I managed to have a peek into the Isuzu truck but didn’t take notice if it was QO305 but I am 95%certain that you’re correct.

From what I got there, it all worked smoothly with security doing a good job in evacuating the area, and the Brave security personal moving the table. (Though its better to leave it where it was JUST in case it was real and exploded from moving)

Travelled down Beauford Street after the event and witnessed 3 x GC cars outside an apartment all with cups in there hand!!!! LOL thanks for the Coffee Boys!

Stretch.....
Thanks mate for your comments, yeah it was just full on - we had to keep people calm and everything - and evacuate them safley across the road of Newcastle, and clear them away from the area. All security personel did a top job, including the boys/girls in Blue as well - fantastic job in containing the scene...

I did hear VKI (whilst going home around 12:45am) - that every available resource was in leederville assisting. leaving I think a single GW car - i think 102- the only free car in the district.... Stuff like this is so stupid - valuable resources looking after a hoax - i know they can't disregard a potential explosive threat - but leaves other areas with "real emergency's" without cover... :shock:

Were you on duty Stretch?

G
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Would it be investigated as it was a hoax or just palmed off ?
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

Made the night go quicker
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

Stretch.....
BRAVE security! I would say bloody idiots. What if it was real and had a merc switch or other type of sensor?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

godinoz wrote:

Stretch.....
BRAVE security! I would say bloody idiots. What if it was real and had a merc switch or other type of sensor?
I have to agree on this one - I see your point totally. The hardest thing though - was convincing drunk people that there was an emergency evacuation underway and everyone had to exit towards Newcastle St, people sat there laughing at you.... Just glad no one got hurt.
G
thrill of the Chase

Post by thrill of the Chase »

great pics chromii

you are now the official eyes of Warsug
PD224

Post by PD224 »

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8991 ... le3om0.jpg

the guy in the background seems pretty happy? excited because he's at his first 303?
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Stretch.....
From what i heard on the radio a QO 306 car was there