Polair 61

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Polair 61

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi Guys,

Just curious - Has anyone heard of or seen Polair 61 latley in our skies?? Its been a couple of weeks, and the skies are unusually quiet - with the exception of Rescue 65....

Is she down for maintenance again?
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Hmmm, now that you mention it gk...... i don't recall seeing or hearing of it for a while either.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:Hmmm, now that you mention it gk...... i don't recall seeing or hearing of it for a while either.
Thanks mate - i knew it wasn't just me lol :lol: I went up flying on Sunday for the first time since coming back from being abit sick - and yeah noticed she wasn't outside the hangar sitting on the platform,... - On approach back to Jandakot, on Base leg, her hanger was closed - and nothing to be seen...so not sure what the go is there....
G
herbie1204

Post by herbie1204 »

If it is true, that helicopter seems to get a lot of maintenance.
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

herbie1204 wrote:If it is true, that helicopter seems to get a lot of maintenance.
i read an article in the west a few weeks ago saying that it is out of service again due to maintenance
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

wizzard wrote:
herbie1204 wrote:If it is true, that helicopter seems to get a lot of maintenance.
i read an article in the west a few weeks ago saying that it is out of service again due to maintenance
So they actually advertise that its going to be out of service! thats a little stupid!

Crooks and Crims, go for your life this week..Polairs out! :roll:
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

AV201 wrote:
wizzard wrote:
So they actually advertise that its going to be out of service! thats a little stupid!

Crooks and Crims, go for your life this week..Polairs out! :roll:
it mainly talked about how the helicopter was old and outdated, and should be replaced, possibly with 2 so there is always one ready and how other states have several copters.

from what i could remember it was an upgrade of systems
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I dunno Bomber.....that would be a pretty good trick for a helicopter with no engines , gearboxes or rotors installed. Routine maintenance only and she should be back soon.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

[quote="AV201"][quote="wizzard"][quote="herbie1204"]If it is true, that helicopter seems to get a lot of maintenance.[/quote]

i read an article in the west a few weeks ago saying that it is out of service again due to maintenance[/quote]

Crooks and Crims, go for your life this week..Polairs out! :roll:[/quote]

the light aircraft take over 62's role, just not as good as a chopper
beliau

polair 61

Post by beliau »

the poor thing is broke. i read in paper that it needed significant repairs and wont be flappin its wings for a while
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

When you don't hear it over the South Eastern suburbs for 2-3 days you know it's out of action. Didn't it just have maintenance done a couple months ago that had it out of service for ~ 30 days?
beliau

polair 61

Post by beliau »

To those who are interested i have seen it actually flappin its wings, last couple of days. Dont know if its back in service or they just reattaching feathers one at a time
cat21

Post by cat21 »

LOL Love the analogy :)
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I dont know what helicopter u saw but it wasnt Polair61.