Mobile phone tracking

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

MrBungle

Post by MrBungle »

If anyone is interested, I just heard some thunder!
No lightning showing for Perth view yet but WA Wide view shows strikes from incoming storms.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

some nice strikes could be seen off safety bay foreshore 20 mins ago. Hope the rain lasts for awhile
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

MrBungle wrote:If anyone is interested, I just heard some thunder!
No lightning showing for Perth view yet but WA Wide view shows strikes from incoming storms.
MrBungle, your my new best friend lol heh heh - I was always looking for a reliable site such as the two links you posted up. I do a fare bit of flying when I can - and its good to know to stear clear of storms - not to say that B.O.M isn't good - but this is even better, as it plots lightning strikes.... Anything more hidden links I'd be interested - Cheers G
MrBungle

Post by MrBungle »

Hi Mr G (too soon for a newbie to use that? :D )
Yes it's a great site but, unfortunatelly, those images are only refreshed every 3 hours :(

GPATS do have a service called MIDS, which uses a client program on your PC that gets live updates over the net from the MIDS server. Not sure of the refresh rate though. According to the website, you pay a once-only price for the software and then a monthly fee for the live updates. My guess is that it would probably be pretty expensive.

They also have a service they call GPATS Live Lightning Display that overlays lightning strike info onto Google Earth images. The refresh rate is 10mins which isn't bad. Claimed cost is "as little as a dollar a day".
A free 7-day trial is available at the bottom of the link.

BTW, even though there was a huge number of strikes over the southwest yesterday, only four landed in the metro-area, all south of the city. The cropped image is from the 1am refresh. I wish the 'Perth' image provided by GPATS was extended to include Mandurah.
The bulk of the lightning seemed to be just to the north of Two Rocks and west of Rocko/Mandurah :x
Got heaps of very deep loud thunder from that cell last night. Didn't see much tho.

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Never too soon for a newbie MrBungle, :wink: :lol:

I'm a pretty cluey person heh heh lol - Its impressive indeed - Welcome onboard.
G
MrBungle wrote:Hi Mr G (too soon for a newbie to use that? :D )
Yes it's a great site but, unfortunatelly, those images are only refreshed every 3 hours :(

GPATS do have a service called MIDS, which uses a client program on your PC that gets live updates over the net from the MIDS server. Not sure of the refresh rate though. According to the website, you pay a once-only price for the software and then a monthly fee for the live updates. My guess is that it would probably be pretty expensive.

They also have a service they call GPATS Live Lightning Display that overlays lightning strike info onto Google Earth images. The refresh rate is 10mins which isn't bad. Claimed cost is "as little as a dollar a day".
A free 7-day trial is available at the bottom of the link.

BTW, even though there was a huge number of strikes over the southwest yesterday, only four landed in the metro-area, all south of the city. The cropped image is from the 1am refresh. I wish the 'Perth' image provided by GPATS was extended to include Mandurah.
The bulk of the lightning seemed to be just to the north of Two Rocks and west of Rocko/Mandurah :x
Got heaps of very deep loud thunder from that cell last night. Didn't see much tho.

youngscanner

Post by youngscanner »

nah they have a connection going with telstra and all the phone companys so they an just see who it was who called the cops coz it will come upwith a time and number they called.................................yer
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

youngscanner wrote:nah they have a connection going with telstra and all the phone companys so they an just see who it was who called the cops coz it will come upwith a time and number they called.................................yer
Luke either you have changed again or you have new friend that speaks the same language as you. You haven't moved to Busselton have you? :D
luke

Post by luke »

leave me alone
imacop

Post by imacop »

haha
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

What happened to our TRG mate shank.ed i was hoping for some stories !!!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

that'll do chev4evr.

MMW I think he left because walks and a couple of the others identified him as a phoney that was faking it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

Tyranus wrote:that'll do chev4evr.

MMW I think he left because walks and a couple of the others identified him as a phoney that was faking it.
Ever thought he may have left the board for personal reasons, or because everyone was giving him grief about what he did? (I have seen the Subiaco post and had to have a chuckle as everyone was throwing *daggers* at him)

Rest assured
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Stretch wrote:
Tyranus wrote:that'll do chev4evr.

Ever thought he may have left the board for personal reasons, or because everyone was giving him grief about what he did? (I have seen the Subiaco post and had to have a chuckle as everyone was throwing *daggers* at him)

Rest assured
Possibly but if you read the HJ's thread, you'll find that walks and a couple of others in the force doubted him, and when it comes to police, I'm going to follow their lead. So if it is for personal reasons it's because he got found out and was upset with that.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

pfffft wheres my credit! i was suss of him as well!

Though it was unfortunately very obvious he was faking the real concern is the number of people he had convinced