Anyone Know????????

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Anyone Know????????

Post by Walks »

Whats happening on Freo Chan????

Walks.
Last edited by Walks on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

was listening earlier, think someone left a box (bomb?) and had a firearm at a house. Good chase followed with some bush bashing, lost the car in the bush put police cordoned off the area, not sure what has happened since.
Aztech

Re: Anyone Know????????

Post by Aztech »

Walks wrote:Whats happening on Freo Chan????

Mortimer Road...........2000hrs 24/10

K9 in attendance with a vehicle. CD502 on the way with vests. Pol-Air cant take of cause of cloud cover.

Might have to make a phone call :)

Walks.

Tune into 64.
Command Post has been setup.

Aaron
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Yeha i heard that chase... Thinkin it was VK103 and they went of bush by the railyards ? Pursuit of a Sigma ?
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Hey Guys,
I heard that too lastnight, although I missed it for a while between 8.30ish and 10pm when I tuned back in it seemed pretty major we were wondering what had happened in that time. It sounded like they were trying to catch someone around Casurina Prison?? And then something about a bomb in a house on Born Rd near there? :shock:
I found it amusing to hear that it was VK103 going bush (again!) that car is forever going off-road in pursuits and usually ends up needing a tow out, funny part is I only know this because my boyfriend works where the cops in Rocko/Kwinana area take the cars to be serviced or Pursuit checked (the cars have to be safety checked each time if they have been in a pursuit) and he has worked on that car so many times! Lol.. :lol:
No doubt he'll tell me all about it in the next few days...lol
gkoutlis

FYI Guys

Post by gkoutlis »

A DRIVER allegedly crashed into a police car after leading officers on a high speed chase through Rockingham, 50km south of Perth.

A 40-year-old Leda man is expected to face Rockingham Magistrate's Court on a range of charges today after being refused bail last night.
He had came to police attention in the carpark of a delicatessen about 9.30pm (11.30pm AEST) after a report he had been acting suspiciously, police said in a statement.

Police said he failed to stop when called upon, and reversed from the carpark before speeding off down Ennis Avenue.

The officers followed the vehicle as it allegedly exceeded the 80km/h speed limit before turning onto Dixon Road, where it was doing 120km/h in a 60km/h zone.

Police said a collision was narrowly avoided when the car hit a roadside kerb, prompting the pursuit to be called off.

Advertisement:
The vehicle was later found stalled in a driveway at a Darile Street house in Hillman.
As police tried to arrest the driver, he allegedly restarted his vehicle and crashed into the stationary patrol car.

He has been charged with failing to stop, driving without a licence, possessing cannabis, and obstructing police.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Nice work gkoutlis!
Did you write that or find it on the net?
If you did find it can you please post us the link?
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Hi Folks,

I managed to get a pic of the brand new VK103, heading from City Motors to presumably the Academy about 4 weeks back.

It was a new 1CAD*** plate, Holden Rodeo. Although my shot is taken from the rear it appears to only be a 2WD as it doesn't have the red 4WD badge on the side doors, but I might be wrong as it's hard to tell in my photo.

I used to think that all Holden Rodoes were 4WD's but they aren't, in the City GC101, 103, 111 and 113 are all 2WD's they don't have the red badge on the driver and passenger doors, next to the 3.5 V6 badge.

Those of who are memebers of oz_police_vehicles on yahoo groups would of seen my pic.

rgds

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Dear Radiohead,

I got it off the news website - heres the link

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17 ... 45,00.html

Sorry i did forget to put it in.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Dear all;

Regarding that bomb threat in Cassurina last night where a guy threatened to blow his car outside this house - here are the details;

Man charged over 'homemade bomb'

A MAN allegedly attached a homemade bomb to a truck parked outside a Perth house before threatening residents and ramming a second vehicle into the building.

Police allege a 36-year-old man fixed a plastic ice-cream container filled with fertiliser and diesel fuel to a tow truck parked outside a house in Casuarina, in Perth's south, about 7.15pm (9.15pm AEST) yesterday.
He is then alleged to have banged on the windows of the house and threatened its occupants before using his own four-wheel-drive vehicle to ram the garage roller door.

Police pursued the man into nearby bushland where he allegedly abandoned his vehicle and fled on foot.

A police helicopter with an infra-red camera was brought in to scour the area along with the police dog squad. The man was arrested and taken into custody about 9.30pm.

Members of the tactical response bomb squad defused an explosive device allegedly found at the Casuarina home and a similar plastic container found inside the four-wheel-drive.

The 36-year-old man will appear in Rockingham Magistrate's Court today charged with attempting to cause an explosion likely to do damage to property, criminal damage, failing to stop and providing false details.

URL: - http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17 ... 45,00.html
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I heard the whole thing, it was the best thing i have ever listened to in my life, Vk103 went to this thing priority two because the people in the house said that they saw a weapon in his hand, either a knife or a gun and was ramming their garage door. The police got there and stopped a little up the road, the guy started driving down the street in his blue 4wd and police attempeted to get him to stop but he kept goin, the radio operator in vk103 shat himself and was like YEAH VKI URGENT WE ARE IN PURSUIT. so they were in pursuit whilst another 5 cars came priority from places such as freo, palmyra but for some reason not rockingham. VK103 was chasin him and asked for a stinger, AV202 i think it was had the sting and was following behind vk103, the guy went down a dead end road, and i thought it was all over but he went through the bush on a dirt track and only vk103 could follow, whilst this was happenin two other cop cars had arrived at the house to check things out when one said to vki they had found a bomb and needed the bomb squad!!! This was at 1940. In a bid to try and presume where he went out, the other vehicles took up exits on other roads from the bush, vk103 lost him some how in the bush and about 3 minutes later found the car on mortimer road x richardson. They guy was gone but all roads were blocked off, bullet proof vests put on as the complainents comfirmed the guy had fired shots and def had a gun. Ak went priority from some where and took bout 15 mins to rock up. Pol air didnt take of till 2010 ish and took 15 mins too get there as they were'nt on duty due to the cloud cover, so this guy had the cover of dark along with a gun and a hell of a load of time to make it to armadale if he wanted too! Even with pol air 61 now in action they wanted till the dogs and along with Charlie Delta- the TRG were there. They then used pol airs infa red to check out a couple of hot spots in the dense bush until pol air noticed a fairly big hot spot under a tree, so TRG went and had a look but must not have looked in the right spot cause they then went to look at another, then pol air told them to check that spot again and sure enough he was there, only 40 m or so from where he had ditched his car. What a knob, this guy had at least an hour and 20 mins to get away, in stead he hides only 40 or so meters away.

That OP was were the bomb was i presume, where the bomb squad was working to difuse it, only and hour or so after it had been reported to vki!!!
At one stage, vk103 reported whilst whispering that they could hear a beeping noise, but they were reassured when they were told that it was the house alarm which had been activated when the owners had been evacuated.

In conclusion, he is in court today as polair61 told vk103 that they would see them in court tomorro, which is today. Vk103 took the bloke to fremantle lock up.

There was some confusion with the allocation of channels, at one stage VR100 was giving job details to vki when VK103 was saying VK103 URGENT!!! three times but VR100 kept talking, finally they changed back and forthe between 64 and main and till they were allocated a channel

IF U MISSED IT U SHOULD BE KICKING UR SELF HARD
IT HAD EVERYTHING U COULD HAVE WANTED
TRG
BOMB SQUAD
CHASE
POL AIR
K9
CONFIRMED WEAPON

The best thing ever!!!
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Thanks for posting the link gkoutlis :D
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

JG-103 wrote:I heard the whole thing, it was the best thing i have ever listened to in my life, Vk103 went to this thing priority two because the people in the house said that they saw a weapon in his hand, either a knife or a gun and was ramming their garage door. The police got there and stopped a little up the road, the guy started driving down the street in his blue 4wd and police attempeted to get him to stop but he kept goin, the radio operator in vk103 shat himself and was like YEAH VKI URGENT WE ARE IN PURSUIT. so they were in pursuit whilst another 5 cars came priority from places such as freo, palmyra but for some reason not rockingham. VK103 was chasin him and asked for a stinger, AV202 i think it was had the sting and was following behind vk103, the guy went down a dead end road, and i thought it was all over but he went through the bush on a dirt track and only vk103 could follow, whilst this was happenin two other cop cars had arrived at the house to check things out when one said to vki they had found a bomb and needed the bomb squad!!! This was at 1940. In a bid to try and presume where he went out, the other vehicles took up exits on other roads from the bush, vk103 lost him some how in the bush and about 3 minutes later found the car on mortimer road x richardson. They guy was gone but all roads were blocked off, bullet proof vests put on as the complainents comfirmed the guy had fired shots and def had a gun. Ak went priority from some where and took bout 15 mins to rock up. Pol air didnt take of till 2010 ish and took 15 mins too get there as they were'nt on duty due to the cloud cover, so this guy had the cover of dark along with a gun and a hell of a load of time to make it to armadale if he wanted too! Even with pol air 61 now in action they wanted till the dogs and along with Charlie Delta- the TRG were there. They then used pol airs infa red to check out a couple of hot spots in the dense bush until pol air noticed a fairly big hot spot under a tree, so TRG went and had a look but must not have looked in the right spot cause they then went to look at another, then pol air told them to check that spot again and sure enough he was there, only 40 m or so from where he had ditched his car. What a knob, this guy had at least an hour and 20 mins to get away, in stead he hides only 40 or so meters away.

That OP was were the bomb was i presume, where the bomb squad was working to difuse it, only and hour or so after it had been reported to vki!!!
At one stage, vk103 reported whilst whispering that they could hear a beeping noise, but they were reassured when they were told that it was the house alarm which had been activated when the owners had been evacuated.

In conclusion, he is in court today as polair61 told vk103 that they would see them in court tomorro, which is today. Vk103 took the bloke to fremantle lock up.

There was some confusion with the allocation of channels, at one stage VR100 was giving job details to vki when VK103 was saying VK103 URGENT!!! three times but VR100 kept talking, finally they changed back and forthe between 64 and main and till they were allocated a channel

IF U MISSED IT U SHOULD BE KICKING UR SELF HARD
IT HAD EVERYTHING U COULD HAVE WANTED
TRG
BOMB SQUAD
CHASE
POL AIR
K9
CONFIRMED WEAPON

The best thing ever!!!
Man you get excited.!!!!!!!!!!!!!