Neighborhood watch anybody?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Kanye

Post by Kanye »

Hey fellas, I have an idea. How about we have a thread here for descriptions etc of people acting suspiscously in our neighborhoods.

You know, you might see some charectors hanging around a carpark late at night, not doing anything particularly wrong, so you may not actually call WAPOL, but turns out next day someones car was broken into...

I am sure in Perth most people just turn a blind eye to most things, it would be good if we could just post the info here which might turn out to be useful.

Things like general discription
Time
Any other details

Just ideas.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

This is exactly what people don't undestand, although something may not be suspicious to you it may tie the ends up to somethings else.

You may see soemone acting sus and do nothing, that person then breaks into a old ladies house (she calls police who are 10 mins away,)

If you had called police to sus person then police would have been 1 minute away. Hope that makes sense.

We get paid to do a job, so let us do it.

I don't think theres a need for a thread like this.
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
FG103

Post by FG103 »

I agree Ludacris, well said. If you think someone is up to no good more than likley your right. Call us and let us deal with it.
Kilo_Lema_317

Post by Kilo_Lema_317 »

Yeh Just like Karl Said he got eyes everywere, western power, australia post and the rest of them. If everybody posted all the sus shit they saw(within reason) this could help solve crime... Very good ! :wink:
Kanye

Post by Kanye »

[quote="Ludacris"]This is exactly what people don't undestand, although something may not be suspicious to you it may tie the ends up to somethings else.

You may see soemone acting sus and do nothing, that person then breaks into a old ladies house (she calls police who are 10 mins away,)

If you had called police to sus person then police would have been 1 minute away. Hope that makes sense.

I'm sorry, but it doesnt really make sense at all. You guys are under resourced, any regular here knows that WAPOL are mostly chasing their tales, sure you get paid to do a job, which seems to consist mostly of taking down reports. Wouldnt it be good to have some "friends" out in the community to help you get results?

Could that actually hurt?
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Ludacris, you obviously don't work in the SEM. Your suggestion is ludicrious [teeheehee]. Everybody in Gosnells looks suspicious, regardless.

There isn't enough hours in the day in some [sub-]districts to grab a suspicious person with any amount of decent response time, let alone real jobs.

I see your point in theory. In reality though I don't think it applies as well as it could or should.

Chasing tails is a good way to put it.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

yeah but my bet is that the majority will be of a single race... because thats how it seems to be on the scanner when it comes to suspicious people... and its not rocket science to figure out what race im referring too either.

Pretty much everyone is suspicious in kwinana too :roll:
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

that post is exactly why such a thing would be completely pointless. Whilst done with the best of intentions it simply becomes a place where stereotyping and bigotry eventually show through :roll:
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Damn swedish
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I meant the bloody volvo driver's :D
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

i think the topic is a good idea , sure the police have a job to do but its like forensic cops , they look for clues and shit like that , the more clues the cops have the quicker the crim gets locked up!!
and if your house got broken into and some one else saw the person who broke in wouldent you want them to tell some one about it?
So no harm can be done by someone reporting a sus person
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

herrgott wrote:Ludacris, you obviously don't work in the SEM.
Hahahahaaha, me thinks he has spent alot of time there.

Don't have to create CAD, just intel.

:wink:

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

hey not all of gosnells is bad only the majority the area i live in "touch wood"
is great
FG103

Post by FG103 »

Hey guys, sorry but i dont see any value in a thead like this. Call the the boys, it may put that missing link in the chain. Also the boys on the road can put fieldys on anyone acting sus in YOUR area.
FG103

Post by FG103 »

Just my POV