Is this illegal??

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Maybe it's a "Rent-A-Cop"?
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

HM681... its not...its not ur car.. is it ??? :)
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

lol

i'd put money on it that its a fesa car... when i was at forrestdale control a number of weeks back i took a pic of an unmarked VE commodore simialr colour with deckblasters and it was a fesa reps car but it was night and the pic was shit but yer i reckon its fesa or sumthin.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

lolol :P

im sure the boys in blue could run the plates and solve the case.
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

roger. :roll:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

hm681... if ur allegedy 20 years old... how come u write like a lil' 14 year old ?
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

chrissss wrote:lol

i'd put money on it that its a fesa car... when i was at forrestdale control a number of weeks back i took a pic of an unmarked VE commodore simialr colour with deckblasters and it was a fesa reps car but it was night and the pic was shit but yer i reckon its fesa or sumthin.
I think I am going with you on this one.

I spent a little time working at FESA just up the road from there. To have a car like that parked out the front of the court house where hundreds of coppers walk everyday, someone would've picked up on it if it wasn't legit, surely?
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

If it's a FESA car why has it got a gay pin-stripe down the side? The ones I have seen have that FESA on-call number plate surround also or a Commonwealth Bank fleet leasing surround.

FESA seem to have quick turn-over when it comes to cars. I've seen plently of their VZ wagons pop up at the auctions with fairly low mileage on, this is a VY way older!!

If it was a VE Comm with that deck-blaster I wouldn't of thought anything of it, but a VY is pretty old now 2002-2004.

Surely even FESA cars have parking permits also?
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Saw a similar car today on the freeway, heading north bound just after thomas rd.. same colour with deck blaster, no arials tho and with hub caps. License number CDP... ( i got the full rego so i could compare it to toms but i wont give it out). Reason i took it down was the fact that a motorbike zoomed up to it, then slowed down as he noticed it was an unmarked, then zoomed off again and the "cops" didnt care... but it coulda been the unmarked kwinana dectective car.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tom wrote:If it's a FESA car why has it got a gay pin-stripe down the side? The ones I have seen have that FESA on-call number plate surround also or a Commonwealth Bank fleet leasing surround.

FESA seem to have quick turn-over when it comes to cars. I've seen plently of their VZ wagons pop up at the auctions with fairly low mileage on, this is a VY way older!!

If it was a VE Comm with that deck-blaster I wouldn't of thought anything of it, but a VY is pretty old now 2002-2004.

Surely even FESA cars have parking permits also?
What FESA do and what Local Govt do are completely different. You have to remember that Local Govt is responsible for fire control outside of the FRS areas and do have vehicles that are authorised to display red/blue lights etc. FESA vehicles all in all would be a minority across the state, I would think.

(as for parking permits, I've never seen them - I dont think the law allows fire vehicles to breach parking restrictions unless it is in response to a fire - a council ranger/parking inspector would have to be quite nasty to infringe someone though!)
HPS

Post by HPS »

HPS
Last edited by HPS on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Hi HPS,

Even if some wannabe is driving around with a deck-blaster clearly mounted in his front and rear windscreen is he actually breaking the law?

As I have already said I'm pretty sure the car in question is too old to be a State/Federal law enforcement vehicle and the fact it's had new plates issued fuels my suspicions.

FESA normally park around the rear of HQ or in those 2 bays out front.
Last edited by Tom on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HPS

Post by HPS »

HPS
Last edited by HPS on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

HPS wrote:Tom,

I think this is covered under the Road Traffic Code 2000,I have a quick search and found the code and the specific regulations.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/c ... /s193.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/c ... /s289.html

A infringement notice in the mail may change his wannabe ways!!

Cheers!

HPS
Go on then..............
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

Look Closely at the number plate, and you will see that it has a Mandurah Number plate protector.
I bet its the Sergeant of the stations car. The Country cops get a car issued to them as part of the perks (only important ones) so i've been told...

At the end of the day, why would anyone impersonating a police car, leave it parked in the heart of the city for everyone and anyone to see.
I also find it interesting that they went to all the trouble of putting in the rear lcd lights. Seems they have gone to alot of trouble... why FIT something that u cant easily remove, if ur not supposed to have it?
(eg, if ur being pulled over by the cops, u cant very well put the rear LED bar under ur seat as ur getting pulled over!!)

And FYI, just over a month ago i saw a White VY commodore with the stock hubcaps, 2003 model, with 4 cops sitting in it, at the Intersection of Carrington & Leach Hwy, by the cemetery there, so they still may have some of the Old VY's floating about...