Southside Comm's Down

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Southside Comm's Down

Post by radiohead »

Hi peoples,
I've never heard this happen before, the repeaters on channels 2 and 8 just went down at 3am. First channel 8 stopped workin properly then 5mins later ch2 followed.
Also sounds like there is a pursuit on freo channel now, hope it doesnt head into southside area.
Wow... and I only got up for 5mins to get a drink lol :shock:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Dear radiohead,

I too did notice that outage - except i was listening to an Ambulance frequency when the lady from base said to an Ambo that communications are down, she didn't quite mention where and which locations where affected, but this was around - 8pm ish???

So yes very interesting....but everything seems to be okay today - but will let you know if i notice anything out of the ordinary.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I could have sworn that there was problems with the mosman park area channel this morning too...im geographically close to this one and today it was barely audible for a while in the morning. I guess it was kinda neat though because i heard the shark sighting this morning as a consequence of less police traffic..I think it was the Cott life club channels but im not sure yet. Big Bronzie by all accounts :shock:
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

driving to work this morning (9am) I heard the tech say Ch18 was "fixed" if that helps
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

yep affirm nachoman...its been booming out again , and probably around then too when it came back..nice catch :lol:
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

Not sure if its the entire Southside Comms, But i know channel 16 is down.

(been down since about 1am)

The local boys were talking on channel 16, and said "obviously its down, he hasnt told us that were not on LOCAL yet"

So they just casually chatted on channel 16.
LOL

A!
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Channel 2..

Post by radiohead »

Hi guys,
Has anyone heard channel 2(Canning Mills area) lately?
The last time I heard anything on it was Saturday- 5/11.
At first I thought it might've been my scanner but then I checked the other scanner and that one wasn't receiving ch.2 either.
I know VKI has been having problems this week with quite a few of the other channels but to me it sounds like they dont even know ch.2 isnt working?
I think most areas use ch.8 for Southside comms, but I live up in hills and ch.2 has always worked better here. I can still hear ch.8 like I always do- very fuzzy, its not worth listening to it.
Any help appreciated :?
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Hi Guys it's happened again!!Southside comms down AGAIN.Been down for about 10mins.That or there's something else wrong.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Hi Doogues,
I still haven't had clear reception like I used to get on Southside channels since 5/11. :?:
Occasionally channel 2 or 8 will come on but its so fuzzy it straight away cuts out and goes to another channel.
Also last night the Joondalup channels lost all comms with cars for a while, someone told VKI every car had tried calling them but got no response.
Hmm something fishy is going on.... :shock:
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Hi Radiohead,Was alright last night but this morning all I kept getting where what CBer's call birdies.The channel was on but no talking or if there was any talking it was very faint.I have more than one scanner and I checked on those as well.But same thing on all scanners.other channels not a problem.ch21 and ch48 which I find very crackaly was better than normal.HAY RADIOHEAD I think there's something out there!!DE,DE,DE :lol: :lol:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys is it a possibiliy that someone may be jamming the comms?

I know the B1 is flying out this week from Pearce - Are they jamming the signal on purpose?

[edit]

What i meant to say was - is the RAAF jamming radio comms so we don't listen to when the B1 and other military jets take off?

I was just saying - could this be a reason for comms going down?
Last edited by gkoutlis on Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

That's it!!The B1 is the alien craft their always sayying that americans are a strange lot :lol: :lol: But Seriously I don't think it's the bomber.Nice to see you have resurfaced GKoutlis where have you been hidding.?
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Haha someone call Mulder & Scully quick! :D
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Hmmmmmmmmm,

It would be kinda hard to keep the take-off of a jet as big as a (20-or-so-year-old) B-1 a secret. For a start, the people who live near Pearce, or just driving by, would see and hear it. Also, shortly after take-off, it would be 'handed off' to the civilian air traffic controllers as it left Pearce's airspace.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Weird... since I last posted channel 2 is workin on my scanners again! havent heard it in weeks haha stoked :lol:
Call off Scully & Mulder.... :)