polair 61?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

vk6hgr,

Thankyou for that your help.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Hey guys,

Polair 61 DID make an appearance on Tuesday night.....

Totally forgot to mention this before, but was out and about on Patrol only for half an hour and no spot light, so not sure if it was a test run, but haven't seen it since.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Yep...shes airborne again , i saw her today over North Freo heading west.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Yeah, i heard her last night and tonight, last night they were involved in tasking so she is definately back :P
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Roger that guys,

I live close to the Swan river foreshore, and Polair One was performing some very low surveillance of the foreshore, not sure what was going on, since my scanner can't pick up Polair's frequency, but it sounded to me like they were chasing someone on the ground???? or something suss?? it was there for a good 20 minutes, and then flew back west toward Kings Park etc..

I will be at Jandakot tomorrow morning, so will see if Polair is really back in action.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys had a great day of flying yesterday.

Went up with an instructor in the new DA-2 Diamond Fixed wing and flew in formation with Polair 62.

It was totally awsome - Polair 61 Joined in on my 3 O'clock as we were landing - it was a bumpy and windy day below 2,500ft, but other than that it was cool.

Just for the record, Polair One did alot of work on Saturday night, they had a out of control party which spilled onto Leighton Beach around 11 - 11:30 ish??? close to the boat marina. Did anyone listen to this? I did here Polair broadcast a few things on air using channel 47 - 469.025

Polair was able to direct officers on the ground on a group that was hiding next to a shed -
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Hey George,
for FESA you only really want to listen to 6AR (FRS name, 6IP to me cause we bushies call it that), 6AR is the channel that every fire brigade talks on when they are going to a fire, they tell 6AR that they are turning out, when they arive, what sort of fire it is, whether they need back up, etc. Once the fire season has actually arrived and fires are really frequent, you will want the water bombers channel, its hell good, at the moment, its pretty quiet. You will want the midland police channel i would presume, i pick it up from Kwianana and hear vehicles being booked to jobs in south perth, tomorrow, ill post the 6AR FESA channel, Water bomber channel, air recon but put that in once the fire season is really goin and the midland channel for you.
JG103
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

By the way george, pol air speaks on what ever channel they are in use, they dont have their seperate channel. When there is a chase in kwinana, they'll use Kwinana Rockingham's main dispatch channel and talk.

Can anybody tell me how to spot the difference between pol air 61 and 62?
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

61 is the Helo , 62 is the Cessna .
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

I remember hearing a couple of UQ cars leave the southside channel to go to Leighton Beach on that night... That mustve been why, the Southside operator didnt want them to leave because he had so many jobs and needed them to help out... :)
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

Yes,
Speaking as a memebr of the public who was at the "Invite Only" Party,
The Police certainly did a good job to remove the GATE crashers.

Even with adequte security guards (6x) this still didnt stop 200+ gate crashes tearing the hall apart.

Was actually pretty scary, so left before it got too rough!

Feel sorry for the poor girl who's 18th it was...
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys, if you want to meet Polair 62 click on the link -

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true