polair 61?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Always RX

polair 61?

Post by Always RX »

where has my favourite kawasaki gone??....down for airframe maint.?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Always RX,

Yes you are right, I am a Student Pilot there at Jandakot, and am confirming that it will be out of action for a week or two on maintenance.

Let you know more as soon as i find out.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Cheers mate , seems a shame the guys on the ground cant have a helo in the air whenever they need one , anyway im jealous of you , are you learning fixed wing or whirlygigs?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Learning to fly is no big deal, its what i always wanted to do, - at the moment training in fixed wing aircraft - taking up the new Diamond C1 Eclipse aircraft.

Never been on one before, but if its new, it should be good.

So what channels do you listen to?(Frequencies)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Cool, ive been working doing some golf course construction near jandakot lately ,ive probably watched and listened to you go around. Due to my love of aviation i have Janda tower , Perth Radar , Perth Approach and Melbourne centre prioritised. Otherwise i listen to FESA , Wapol Golf and Victor areas , Ambos....mainly to help me avoid traffic snarls.
When i need a laugh i listen to Swan taxis or the Buses. And when i need to learn some new swear words i listen to the trunking channels between 417.000 and 419.000.( omg agitator truck drivers!! ) Because i live near freo the wharf and harbour ops channels can be interesting, especially this week with Warship 68 in the channel. ( i learnt this week that NCIS agents actually exsist and its not just on the telly!)
Basically i bought my 92xlt and hooked it to the mast antenna and scanned all the bands until i had enough good strong channels to fill 100 memory spots and now i block and open those when i want them.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

oh yeah ..the strobe...well im sure it wouldnt be a problem to mount one there...just dont use it on the road...or colour it blue or red.
Are u planning a mobile disco?
:lol:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I'm George by the way,

Do you have a list for FESA, WAPOL, Ambos etc? See - i have a Uniden 10 Channel Radio Scanner - it has 8 bands to use, so i would greatly appreciate it if you could recommend me the good ones that you have for the above.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

oh.....i also listened to CB Radio once

i wont do THAT again.
:roll:
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

George , The sticky pages at the head of each forum section contain links to lists for all of these. Check those first as there isnt much else on the web that is better than these links.
Also go to http://www.acma.gov.au/acmainter and find the link to the radcomms license register. There you will find a search engine to look for licenses and broadcast sites near your area. This will give you all the info you need for frequencies that are relevant to your area.
If you are still searching after that...get back to me mate.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I appreciate your help
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I have tried this register before, but no luck - sorry.

Umm - I basically need a good channel that provides more than just a few words - i know the sticky pages are there, but - i they do not list who or where they are communicating from.

Can you suggest any freqs please?
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

George, What suburb are u in ?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Millsy,

South Perth, work in Bentley - so wouldn't mind anything decent in the area.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Best wishes

George
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

gkoutlis wrote:I have tried this register before, but no luck - sorry.

Umm - I basically need a good channel that provides more than just a few words - i know the sticky pages are there, but - i they do not list who or where they are communicating from.
The firies and ambos actually have a single metro-wide 'virtual' channel. It is on different frequencies, but all the frequencies carry the same conversation. For the interesting vehicle to vehcile traffic you really need to be close to where they are working at the time, since you'll be trying to pick up their truck simplex directly on a channel like 99 on FESA.

It's not unusual on FESA for nothing at all to be said on their channels for an hour...

The police chatter a lot on their channels, but most services either use data channels or mobile phones (voice and GPRS) for the actual job data (Taxis, Ambos and FESA) or have job dispatch from the office and don't use the radios much. (Western Power and most councils I've listened to)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr