channel nine news

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

channel nine news

Post by jmmw »

anyone else see this tonight?

for those that didnt a woman was pulled over sometime last night by a dark blue sedan with a flashing blue light.

a man approached her vehicle wearing scraffy clothes and a hi-vis vest and requested her license.

apparently after giving her license back the womans friend request ID and the man ran back to his car and drove of.

why is something so insignificant being put in the news!

this happens so often anyway ive had it done to myself while driving down murdoch drive, pulled over by a newer model commodore (vy/vz) without deckblasters or sirens but as soon as i asked for id they left.

at no time did i feel in danger or anything but this silly women makes it out as if she was about to be attacked

"i thought he was about to pull me out of the car"

if she was so good at reading minds why didnt she pull over in the first place!

its silly how channel nine would buy such a trumped up story from her just to inflate her "exclusive" price.

Pathetic, just gives someone whos been drink driving and excuse to run be caught and pretend that they were fearing for their lives that an axe murderer was trying to pull them over
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I saw the ad for the news item, too. So of course, tuned in. I definitely agree it was sensationalised by the girls for sure. If I were them, I would NOT be pulling over at all. Its amazing what money does to one's mind. 8) Comes down to basic sense, really!

Plus, if I felt that it was a genuine reason for being pulled over, and I was in a car with another female, I'd be locking the door, winding down the window a fraction, and have the car in gear ready to bolt. If I was at anytime feeling threatened, I'd be gone like a shot. Not that fast in my 2.0L but I'd give it my best. :D
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Thats the bloody media for ya...always gotta spice things up. Though that is strange how once asked for ID they bugger off hmmm?
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

a man approached her vehicle wearing scraffy clothes and a hi-vis vest and requested her license.

apparently after giving her license back the womans friend request ID and the man ran back to his car and drove of.

jmmw, don't you find it a little bit strange that when her friend challenged the 'officer' for his identification he ran off?
Because maybe they are warning other motorists in that area to be wary when being pulled over and asked to see the officers warrant card.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure a member of the public has the right to see an officers identification on demand.

Bit odd also that the officers were in scruffy plain clothes and wearing high-vis jackets...

I recall something in the media a few months back about an early Ford driving around Belmont pulling people over a random.

I'm pretty sure somewhere on the internet could you buy a magnetic blue light and a high-vis jacket.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

seems to me like they are just trying to scare people, i would imagine it would be pretty obvious to ask for id of any officer wearing plain clothes
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

You will find most Police Officer will identify themselves when they pull someone over, especially in plain clothes.

For example, "My name is Constable Smith from Belmont Police, I have pulled you over for ..........."

You will also find that most plain cloths Police in traffic wont mind showing you their freddie.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: channel nine news

Post by vk6hgr »

jmmw wrote:anyone else see this tonight?

for those that didnt a woman was pulled over sometime last night by a dark blue sedan with a flashing blue light.
Meh. If it's suspect, keep driving. If marked cars start coming in behind you then you know they were real police :roll:
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Mad Marsupial

Post by Mad Marsupial »

I saw magnetic revolving blue and red lights in marlows for sale ( about 6 months ago) and in Coventry's ( couple of years ago. Thay're pretty easyh to get hold. also easy to make one with an orange light.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Or just look on Ebay!!
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

:smt042 Good one Gav..
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

What Gav is saying makes sense providng you keep to the speed limit you can just explan to the officers in the marked car that you did not originally pull over as you thought the car was a fake. I am sure they will understand.
Kanye

Post by Kanye »

vk6hgr wrote:
jmmw wrote:anyone else see this tonight?

Meh. If it's suspect, keep driving. If marked cars start coming in behind you then you know they were real police :roll:
What if it is the real deal Police and you are refusing to pull over?

Try explaining that one in court.

Officer impersonantion is clearly very serious. It undermines the power of Police and may make an innocent person have to justify their behaviour (i.e. not pulling) over in court. Police cars are not just standard cars either, there are threads in this forum relating to a multitude of different cars used by Police.

It really is little wonder it got so much air time, clearly Police are very concerned about this too.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
impdxn

Post by impdxn »

dazla wrote:You will also find that most plain cloths Police in traffic wont mind showing you their freddie.
Normally the ID card hanging form their neck gives it away they are real coppers. That plus the duty belt around their waste with all their accouterments.
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

I remember a case in Rockingham a few years ago when a fella asked an off duty police officer for id. The officer didn't have to present it cause the law says that you must believe his word. the guy ended up in rocko court and was convicted.
Mind you everytime i've been pulled over (RBT or to be spoken to) by plain clothes police they always id themselves and its not to hard to tell that they are legit. Even the BCI boys stand out like dogs balls