Busy Day on Police Scanner

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Busy Day on Police Scanner

Post by radiohead »

Hi Everyone...
I was just wonderin if anyone else was scanning the Police channels today , I tuned in a few times throughout the day and each time there was something intense happening..
In the morning I heard that fatal car crash in Landsdale, then in the arvo there was an armed robbery in South Perth. Not to mention them finding the missing boy Blake Reynolds just minutes from where I live.
What a day!
Its days like this having a scanner makes you realise and appreciate the unpredictable nature of what our Police deal with in their 'day at work'.

:)
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

some action on ch34 tonight

Home invasion in jolimont with shots believed fired. Three TRG cars nearby TO306, TO308, TO312, other cars sent: AG203, AG206, AG707, CD502, CD503, CD505, GE103, GL102, GW103, GW402, GX401, TK109 + more

same time chase on farmer freeway car clocked 171km in 80 zone 3 on board TE705 and TE707 in pursuit, car pulled over in tunnel... AG205, GC101 also on scene
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

nachoman wrote:some action on ch34 tonight

Home invasion in jolimont with shots believed fired. Three TRG cars nearby TO306, TO308, TO312, other cars sent: AG203, AG206, AG707, CD502, CD503, CD505, GE103, GL102, GW103, GW402, GX401, TK109 + more

same time chase on farmer freeway car clocked 171km in 80 zone 3 on board TE705 and TE707 in pursuit, car pulled over in tunnel... AG205, GC101 also on scene
I remember that one 171/80

I hear that TE705 is a nice bloke too :)
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Pity he is just a poor traffic bloke hey danny... How is TEG these days?
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

CHEV4EVR wrote:Pity he is just a poor traffic bloke hey danny... How is TEG these days?
Dont be jealous my bikes quicker than your car!!

TEGS good :) busy as always

how you been?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

danny wrote:
CHEV4EVR wrote:Pity he is just a poor traffic bloke hey danny... How is TEG these days?

Do I detect a note of professional competitiveness here? :)

I'm still catching up on the last day's posts so in case nobody's said it yet, welcome to the forums, Danny. Have fun!

Cheers,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

do they really require that many cars and resources at one home invasion??? That just seems utterly stupid... has no one else picked up on that???
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

madmikey wrote:do they really require that many cars and resources at one home invasion??? That just seems utterly stupid... has no one else picked up on that???
MadMikey,

You are joking right??

There was possible shots fired at that home invasion. If there is someone with a gun possibily firing shots at a home invasion I dont think that is to much resources.

The police officers that respond to the call need to be safe as well as keeping the public involved safe. This involves keeping every angle covered and you need officers present to do that.

If you lived next door I bet your attitude on this subject would be different.

Thanks
Scott
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

At first i though it was a lot of police resources but I had misread the post. I then re read the post and realised about the shots being fired then I clicked to realise why there were so many officers in attendance.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Zebedee wrote:
danny wrote:

Do I detect a note of professional competitiveness here? :)

I'm still catching up on the last day's posts so in case nobody's said it yet, welcome to the forums, Danny. Have fun!

Cheers,
Thanks Zebadee :)

As for professional competitiness, Chevy has more toys than me, so ill have to let him win! :twisted:
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

I'm not sure how many officers the TRG have with them, but 30 plus officers... (bassed on 2 officers per car for the vehicles listed in the post)i'm sorry, but even for shots fired, that is excessive to me. I've seen so many shots fired where they would not normally have half that many cars show up.

I know I don't know the full story behind this incident. but on the info given, to me, that is excessive.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

madmikey wrote:I know I don't know the full story behind this incident. but on the info given, to me, that is excessive.
I'm not about to second-guess the people making the decisions on who and how many attend an incident, after all I don't know any of the relevant info.

But if there were too many people attending and every one of them went home to their families at the end of the shift, I'd have that any day to not enough people attending and someone ending up in hospital, or worse.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
blade

Post by blade »

also with the number of cars/officers that are needed to cordon off an area most of the others would have been used for this.
G

Post by G »

And just as a small matter of interest, at least two of those vehicles were only one up... can tell just from the call signs... :-)
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.