"Hot List"

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

"Hot List"

Post by Turbo »

Is there a list of stolen vehicles/rego's available to the public anywhere? I often see cars that look stolen but dont bother calling it through because %90 of the time Im probably wrong.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

No theres not...
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: "Hot List"

Post by danny »

Turbo wrote:Is there a list of stolen vehicles/rego's available to the public anywhere? I often see cars that look stolen but dont bother calling it through because %90 of the time Im probably wrong.
Nah

Only ones that get stolen under bad conditions are advertised by the media, or armed robberies etc.

Although a list might help recover more stolen cars, or create more work with false sightings!
bcnu

Post by bcnu »

what would be the point, by time you see it, call the police, it get dispatched, car gets to scene, it is now at the other end of the district.... Im feeling very negative today, Ive called in a few times and had that problem. Though once it worked after I followed it for about 20 mins, police in a van overtook me to stop the truck for swerving all over the road and it didnt stop for them. I never did find out what happened
Anytime anywhere
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

bcnu wrote:what would be the point, by time you see it, call the police, it get dispatched, car gets to scene, it is now at the other end of the district.... Im feeling very negative today, Ive called in a few times and had that problem. Though once it worked after I followed it for about 20 mins, police in a van overtook me to stop the truck for swerving all over the road and it didnt stop for them. I never did find out what happened
What if you see it parked in a driveway, or an a car park or parked anywhere eles
bcnu

Post by bcnu »

does this mean i have to stop being negative...I was enjoying that frame of mind. Ok you got me.
Anytime anywhere
haro_chik

Post by haro_chik »

I think it would be a good idea to have a list of the stolen cars. The public always seems happy to help and it's not hard to keep your eyes and ears open if you are suspicious of your neighbours or something.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

haro_chik wrote:I think it would be a good idea to have a list of the stolen cars. The public always seems happy to help and it's not hard to keep your eyes and ears open if you are suspicious of your neighbours or something.
well its not really a viable option. What would they do post a big list on their website, and every day you print out the list and attach it to your windscreen whilst driving, and looking for stolen cars, thus endangering everyone else?.

Or an iphone app?, just call 131444 and tell them why you think its suspicious and give them the plate, they will tell ya whether its 'of interest e.g stolen' or not of interest meaning, its probably just another dumped crap heap.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Turbo wrote:Is there a list of stolen vehicles/rego's available to the public anywhere? I often see cars that look stolen but dont bother calling it through because %90 of the time Im probably wrong.
Interesting. What makes a car 'look' stolen? If there are two White Lada Niva's going down the freeway and one is stolen then how do I tell which one is stolen (or how would you)?
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

...by the way it's driving, damage to the vehicle, the people on board, the demographic of the area the vehicle is in, etc, etc.... not just one factor on it's own, but a combination of theses and other factors would be an INDICATION.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

singkenten wrote:...by the way it's driving, damage to the vehicle, the people on board, the demographic of the area the vehicle is in, etc, etc.... not just one factor on it's own, but a combination of theses and other factors would be an INDICATION.

Well that is a very loose definition and perhaps may result in a accuracy of 1%. If in doubt call the police 131444 and give them plate number.

But the average person, isn't and shouldn't be that observant when driving as it will distract you from your primary job of driving the vehicle and not killing yourself or someone else whilst playing policeman.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

woobla1 wrote:
singkenten wrote:...by the way it's driving, damage to the vehicle, the people on board, the demographic of the area the vehicle is in, etc, etc.... not just one factor on it's own, but a combination of theses and other factors would be an INDICATION.

Well that is a very loose definition and perhaps may result in a accuracy of 1%. If in doubt call the police 131444 and give them plate number.

But the average person, isn't and shouldn't be that observant when driving as it will distract you from your primary job of driving the vehicle and not killing yourself or someone else whilst playing policeman.
I think they should be! There are drivers and then there are steerers. A good driver would asses other cars to anticipate their next move but you are right - not to the extent they could stand up in court and give a psychological assessment of a driver who has overtaken them.