Stolen Police Portable

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

godinoz

Stolen Police Portable

Post by godinoz »

About 5ish this arvo I heard the Freo operator put a job on for a 315 Canning Hwy Applecross. A traffic car took the job. Then a voice came over quite hysterically saying " Ineed SJA here now. 1 fatality and 3 people laying on the highway" VKI asked "Mobile calling" and the caller repeated it. The traffic car asked for a priority and VKI said no as they believe the caller was using the missing portable.

Turned out it was a 3 car TA with no injuries, cars had been moved but the drivers were having a bit of a domestic.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

smart vki op :)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Need some keen scanner operators with direction finding antennae to track these idiots down.....
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

then to put the hurt on them aswell :P
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

WPXZBP wrote:Need some keen scanner operators with direction finding antennae to track these idiots down.....
In theory unless they managed to get hold of a charger for it, the battery can't last that long...
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

i doubt whether it would be too hard to make a useable up with dse parts
6H23WA

Post by 6H23WA »

There are commercial radios ie Kenwood/Motorola that can be programmed by the user. I would stop concentrating on stolen police portables, because as suggested, the charge wouldn't last long and a charger would be hard to come by without being noticed by someone.

With this forum posting the frequencies (output) for each channel, it wouldn't be hard for some idiot to workout the inputs and subtones used by WAPOL.

If these idiots were on the AFP channels it wouldn't be long til someone tracked them down. There are taskforces and operations to capture dangerous drivers. Aren't these guys endangering people's lives aswell ? Why can't WAPOL set up a taskforce to track down these dickheads ?

Bring on the digital system is all I can say.
orac68

Post by orac68 »

6H23WA wrote:I would stop concentrating on stolen police portables, because as suggested, the charge wouldn't last long and a charger would be hard to come by without being noticed by someone.
And what’s wrong with eBay? :) Stolen treasure hunters paradise :P
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I guess thats the advantage of the police going to digital. If someone manages to steal or get a hold of a portable radio used by the police the radio can be locked out to prevent it from being used. I have said this before but will repeat it again any person can unfortunately get hold of a radio that can broadcast onto the police frequencies. Those of us who went to Alfred's Kitchen will know what I am talking about. As much as I like like listening to the police on my scanner I cant wait for the introduction of digital to prevent dick heads from being able to broadcast onto the police freqencies.
orac68

Post by orac68 »

Donga wrote:I guess thats the advantage of the police going to digital. If someone manages to steal or get a hold of a portable radio used by the police the radio can be locked out to prevent it from being used. I have said this before but will repeat it again any person can unfortunately get hold of a radio that can broadcast onto the police frequencies. Those of us who went to Alfred's Kitchen will know what I am talking about. As much as I like like listening to the police on my scanner I cant wait for the introduction of digital to prevent dick heads from being able to broadcast onto the police freqencies.
Indeed, it has become far to easy for joe blogs to get hold of radio gear and cause problems :(