The TA Thread (serious & fatal)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

MVA/Car fire, lord st Caversham.FRS and ambos mobile.
3 vehicle T/A small amount of smoke from one vehicle, no persons trapped.
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Delta_246 wrote:We are sooooo cruel :roll:

ha ha ha - that is gold. One of those moments when most people were probably having a quiet chuckle to themselves.....
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

bomber wrote:Cedric street off ramp closed this morning due to single car accident around 8am. Appered 1 car into light pole and guard rails and looked like a hard hit. Fesa in attendance as well as police marking out the scene. Hope all ok from it.
I was listening to this this morning. Sounded quite nasty. Majors called in as someone rather seriously injured. I think I read on Perth Now that they were fighting for their life. :(
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Car v Motorbike on Marmion Ave last night. Unfortunately the rider didnt make it.

Also a nasty boating accident resulted in a fatality down in Mandurah when a man went overboard and hit the propeller.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Hmmm... this thread has been hijacked. :?

I've shifted the motorcycles in traffic discussion here.
cat21

Post by cat21 »

Another mb vs car in Quinns...

so sad:(
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Turbo wrote:Also a nasty boating accident resulted in a fatality down in Mandurah when a man went overboard and hit the propeller.
Spent a lot of today in Mandurah and Dawesville following up on this story. Very tragic accident. Propeller cut the femeral artery :( . Sympathy to the family.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Nasty 215 this morning Mitchell Freeway Northbound outside parliment house, 1 deceased 1 rushed to RPH in critical condition, Mitchell freeway blocked off north bound for last 2 hrs now re opened.
Kombi

re 315 fatal accident this morning

Post by Kombi »

Markmywords wrote:Nasty 215 this morning Mitchell Freeway Northbound outside parliment house, 1 deceased 1 rushed to RPH in critical condition, Mitchell freeway blocked off north bound for last 2 hrs now re opened.
Showed the car on Nine 6pm news half way under the fron to truck, head on, aparently (317 under influence) stated by wife and entered freway at 110 kph on wrong side
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Markmywords wrote:Nasty 215 this morning Mitchell Freeway Northbound outside parliment house, 1 deceased 1 rushed to RPH in critical condition, Mitchell freeway blocked off north bound for last 2 hrs now re opened.
He brought this years road toll to 202, one above last year's.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Kombi

it is still 202 too many

Post by Kombi »

spartacus wrote:
He brought this years road toll to 202, one above last year's.
Terrible that so many have lost thier lives, it's STILLL 202 TOO MANY....
Kombi

Road fatality in Ravensthorpe

Post by Kombi »

Road fatality in Ravensthorpe brings road toll to 204 (sunday)

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Went to Garden City this morning about 11am. Saw a truck half on Riseley St, half turned into Garden City car park (just before banks).

As I got thru the traffic saw the little black car squashed under the truck. Looks like (and this is a guess, apology if wrong) that the truck had been indicating to turn but from the right hand lane due to size. Little black car had tried to sneak past or simply ignored indicator of truck. Truck turned left and vehicle got wedged just behind front drive wheels.

Sorry no photos :cry: . Don't think there were any injuries as it was gone 20mins later.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Walks wrote:saw the little black car squashed under the truck.
Sorry no photos :cry: . Don't think there were any injuries as it was gone 20mins later.

Walks.
Not telling us something there?? :lol: wouldn't surprise me if you were right the amount of times people over take the truck with Do not overtake turning vehicle signs...
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Walks wrote:Little black car had tried to sneak past or simply ignored indicator of truck. Truck turned left and vehicle got wedged just behind front drive wheels.
And what's the chances I wonder of the car driver claiming that "the truck just came out of nowhere" :lol:
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.