Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Toottoot
Banned

Re: Traffic

Post by Toottoot »

Kombi wrote:Assuming is a bad thing.

"Quote" Assuming you were in the Main Roads building, then it's no surprise you saw lots of Police vehicles parked in the yard of the Traffic Branch Headquarters "Unquote"

No, I was at the Traffic Branch HQ, ( reading the message "I quoted" looking out of the 3rd story window I could see the mike bikes under the patio at the back, and the other vehicles i said i saw.. ok.
Regardless of where one was, I wouldn't have thought that there was anything overly remarkable about seeing police vehicles parked at a police facility.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

A 31 year old woman whose driver’s licence had been suspended for life was pursued and apprehended by Traffic Enforcement Group officers at Morley last night.

The TEG police patrol emergency lights were activated around 8.00pm after the woman was seen using a mobile telephone while driving a Holden Commodore.

The sedan was driven through the car parks of a take-away food store, service station and
shopping centre on Walter Road and pursued by police through surrounding streets.

At the intersection of Walter Road and Drake Street the Commodore crashed into a vehicle being driven by a pregnant woman. She was not injured and taken to hospital for examination.

Police continued to follow the sedan onto Grand Promenade and at Chappell Street it ran onto the grass verge. In Lennard Street the Commodore reached a speed of 100 kilometres an hour and near Pinter Street the vehicle broke down and the woman driver was arrested.

The 31 year old Morley driver has been charged with Fail to Stop; Fail to Stop after Traffic Accident; Reckless Driving; Obstruct Police; No MDL (Life Suspension); Use Mobile Phone and Breach of Bail.

She will appear in the Perth Magistrate’s Court today (Tuesday 27 November 2007).
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Life suspension @ 31 ouch.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Markmywords wrote:Life suspension @ 31 ouch.
BUT they way I'm reading that is that she ALREADY has a life suspension, so double ouch :shock:
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

At the intersection of Walter Road and Drake Street the Commodore crashed into a vehicle being driven by a pregnant woman. She was not injured and taken to hospital for examination.
The pursuit should have been terminated here :twisted: . She should not have been allowed to continue and endanger further innocent road users.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Walks wrote: The pursuit should have been terminated here :twisted: . She should not have been allowed to continue and endanger further innocent road users.
Where's the PIT manoeuvre when you need it?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Has the Magistrate heard of gaol before, next time (and there probably will be one) she could kill or be killed!

Walks, whats the opinion around WAPOL on idiots like this?

:roll:
cat21

Post by cat21 »

She'll keep on getting into the drivers seat...obviously having no license doesn't mean much to her...

I agree that jail time is indicated in these circumstances...
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Rockjet wrote:Has the Magistrate heard of gaol before, next time (and there probably will be one) she could kill or be killed!

We can only put them before the courts. It is the court that issues piss poor sentences and allows people <insert number> chances.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Walks wrote:
The pursuit should have been terminated here :twisted: . She should not have been allowed to continue and endanger further innocent road users.

Walks.
does perthscanner (you tube) have following recorded?
why didnt the TEG stop if they knew who she was?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Walks wrote:
Rockjet wrote:Has the Magistrate heard of gaol before, next time (and there probably will be one) she could kill or be killed!

We can only put them before the courts. It is the court that issues piss poor sentences and allows people <insert number> chances.

Walks.
I think he realises that, he is interested in WAPOL opinions on those sentences.

But judging from your post, you think that they are too lenient, which I think is a fairly common opinion with everyoe (including me) :)
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

playworth wrote:
Walks wrote:

Walks.
does perthscanner (you tube) have following recorded?
why didnt the TEG stop if they knew who she was?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1wi5Z4z3WRg
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Pursuit on Channel 2, Blue Falcon, on Ruby Street, Canning Vale
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Lost the vehicle, a stolen Blue Ford Falcon (could be Fairmont) 1BTI-033, Exhaust is partly hanging off dragging on the ground...

UQ113, AJ204, AJ206, UQ103, JB104 looking in area last seen around Langford or Ranford Rd i believe.

Scratchy reception up here.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Pic of the blue car in this slide show here.

Is it TE209 the original blue car or another?