Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Was informed by the boys at the house fire that about 1040 last night there was a chase through rocky for a stolen car. Apparently crashed at teh roundabout of malibu and read st. Polair was overhead as well.
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Odd one in Geraldton early this morning. A car had been stolen and was found not too far away. Police organised forensics and returned to the owners house, then went back to the car only to find it had been stolen again. The car had a blown tyre so last I heard they were looking for rim marks on the road.

8)
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

What they got forensics in for a stolen car????? Must have been a slow day.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Toottoot wrote:What they got forensics in for a stolen car????? Must have been a slow day.
Last I checked that was part of the job description.

ie fingerprints.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Toottoot wrote:What they got forensics in for a stolen car????? Must have been a slow day.
Most found stolen cars have forensic work booked.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Why dont they come and check for prints after break ins?

Does anyone know what happened at Murdoch Uni today with VM201 and an ambo there?
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Toottoot wrote:Why dont they come and check for prints after break ins?

Does anyone know what happened at Murdoch Uni today with VM201 and an ambo there?

They do in Geradlton Toots!

8)
yorky

Post by yorky »

They always check for prints/DNA, IF and I stress IF, there are signs of such evidence. Obviously if its been cleaned, or the weather etc has gotten rid of such evidence forensics isn't required. (EDIT: or if said mr criminal is a smart little cookie and covers his tracks, gloves etc).
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

yorky wrote:

They always check for prints/DNA, IF and I stress IF, there are signs of such evidence. Obviously if its been cleaned, or the weather etc has gotten rid of such evidence forensics isn't required. (EDIT: or if said mr criminal is a smart little cookie and covers his tracks, gloves etc).
I had a car broken into under the carport and they didnt even come and have a look. A neighbours was done a couple of weeks earlier and guess what - No show either just incident report over the phone! Pissed off!
yorky

Post by yorky »

Should have asked why. Have you seen there new (well was new) ad campaign about forensics?

That being said I've always heard forensics are always overbooked with too much work (I don't know if thats still the case).

Both times our business was broken into forensics came to dust for prints the next morning.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

The normal cops didnt even come. One night I was watching people break into cars in Freo so I rang the cops straight away. 30 mins later had a call back 'Just leaving maylands now should be in Freo soon'. If I had of known that I could have scared them away or watched where they went to and saved someone some drama. Not impressed.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Its all got to do with timing. If cars are free, the job will be given out straight away. If jobs are backed up for 30min+ theres no hope of catching anyone.

Best to try and confirm with the call center to call you when a car is on its way so you can keep an eye on whatever you are reporting and give updates to the attending car. Though actually thats hit and miss with the call center I swear some operators don't give a crap sometimes. I called once with an updated location of a VOI and said there is a previous job and she's like "no no i'll ask the questions here" :roll: Needless to say they got away because she wouldn't accept my updated info on the job.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

yeah i was giving a running commentary and then said can you please stop for a minute so I can put a job on. Then ok thanks for that. Bye
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Teeheehee.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

yorky wrote:Should have asked why. Have you seen there new (well was new) ad campaign about forensics?

That being said I've always heard forensics are always overbooked with too much work (I don't know if thats still the case).

Both times our business was broken into forensics came to dust for prints the next morning.
Yeah, both times they booked forensics when I car my car broken into. I cancelled one myself, because I managed to get the window fixed for free an hour later, and the second one the guy came within a couple fo hours.