BP morning parking

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

GC101 wrote: police get 40mins crib break as the EBA states.
And SJA don't get a meal break at all, so even more "eating" on the run between jobs I suspect. :shock:
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

[quote="BF"]Why should FESA and SJA get 50% discount at McDonalds???

How could SJA and FESA (all respect to them for the job they do) possibly help McDonalds with unruly customers or fights????
quote]

we could wet them with water perhaps?
or take to them with a rakehoe?

seriosuly i rekkon 50% of would be good for firies we do save houses and stuff for free

my2c
chris
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Ludacris wrote:The EBA may state 40 mins but it hardly ever happens.. Apart from at the moment with the dispute....

Thats why though fast food outlets get used alot because sometimes you have to eat whilst on the go......
Over many years of scanner-listening, one thing that's been a constant is the lack of meal breaks the police seem to get (and by extension this applies to all the other on-call emergency services as well).

It's the nature of the job(s) I guess that people won't politely wait until you've finished your dinner before having a crisis, so that meal the coppers just bought from a takeaway place sits in the back of the car going cold and indedible while they respond to yet another urgent job.

I know how irritating it is when I'm sitting in my comfortable office environment and someone comes in and interrupts me with a work related question. And honestly on the grand scale of things, that's nothing compared to what our emergency services are asked to put up with. In comparison, I've really got nothing to get cranky about have I? :?

Is there a special component in the Academy training for coppers' stomachs, so you can eat your meal which has gone stone cold and still manage to at least partly enjoy it? :)

And as for the half-price meals, it's actually a very astute business decision on the part of the fast food places. If they make it attractive for the police to come and grab something to eat then they are effectively getting a "free" security patrol that they'd otherwise have to pay for.

I bet the value of the meal discounts is nothing compared to the cost of hiring private security to monitor their restaurants.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Zebedee wrote:Is there a special component in the Academy training for coppers' stomachs, so you can eat your meal which has gone stone cold and still manage to at least partly enjoy it? :)
:lol: They need a unit for that when doing a nursing degree too! I learnt really quick how to drink cold coffee etc... Now I can't stand a hot cuppa :wink:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

i know a whole bunch of huge firies chasing me out of macdonalds would have me moving quick smart, especially if they had rakehoes

but lets be honest, how many people here are actually going to go to maccas and risk chasing down a bad guy or fighting a fire or lifting a 120 kg fellow into the back of an ambo with a big mac in their tummy, i dunno about you guys but thats the last thing i want before exercise, this whole thing is about principle.

even with 80% of macca's if you get called out soon after eating that crap and have to do something physical you know your just going to throw it up
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Spartan wrote:Normally they're at East Perth BP, getting free coffee, bastards!!
We spend more money there and have to pay for our coffee!

Another of life's little injustices! :P
You spend more money there hey? Thats where we fuel most of our cars up. Spending on average of $50 to $60 a car, thirty or so cars a day. we also buy food and drinks from there. We dont demand free coffee, if its offered then we will take it. I have sometimes been asked to pay for it and I do, its not as if it is expected to be free.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

man, I can't believe my little attempt at humour went so awry!

No offence guys!
be gentle, I'm new to this!
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

Even in the current environment Police are skipping crib, skipping going back to the office after every job to finish off the paperwork while serious jobs are outstanding.

This I know 1st hand after running into the crew from JC103 at least 3 times the other night. They were looking dead on their feet when I last saw them.

After they did get back to the station for their crib a few minutes later they were called out to the fatal crash on Orrong rd as was JG201 who was also at the their station trying to have their crib.

I am prepared to bet that none of the crew from those cars had their crib before they went home.

How do I know this you ask? I was at the crash before the police were.

I happend to fall over it on my way from Kewdale to the city and assisted with slowing down the traffic until they did arrive.

I have absolutely no problem with the various emergency services getting a discount for their food or a free coffee in particular the police.

People have to remember that WAPOL is a 24 7 operation you try finding something decent to eat at 3 or 4 in the morning and yes I know you will say so are FESA and SJA however they can bunk down when nothing is happening unlike the cops.

If by showing a police presence, having a chat to the manager, perhaps using the loo while they are at the establisment while waiting for their order to be prepared, and maybe just maybe being given a discount, you have any issues with that, then I suggest you think again.

The cops out on the track do a thankless job, how many times has someone thanked them for the ticket they just received, for being arrested, for being told their son or daughter just died?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

just.nosey wrote:The cops out on the track do a thankless job...
Well said!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
T.E.O.

Post by T.E.O. »

How true is that about getting food on nightshift. Servo food just doesn't cut it when you need a bite to eat at 3 in the morning. It was good when it was 'quiet' and you could sprint 15 mins to Fast Eddys a few suburbs over.

Thank god I dont do night shift anymore. Never going back to that.
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Anytime Deli Rivervale

Best for all types of food!

Walks
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

I'll second that Walks have you tryyed their tuna & pasta salad.It's to die for!
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

Regular there afer a hard night shift at cas
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

been there for plenty of late night munchies :)