Return to Base?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

orac68

Re: Return to Base?

Post by orac68 »

joss wrote:I have noticed on a few channels that there have been some staggered "return to base for unmissable meeting" style requests of lots of vehicles..... curious to know....
Maybe to do with something I herd on CH38 just now as someone sort of let the cat out of the bag :( regarding some further union action happening at a certain time each day.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

According to the 7 news most police ofiicers who are on duty are station bound as a result of union action. All stations are locked until atleast 7:00pm and the only calls attended will be emergancies only. I hope the crims did not wtach the 7 news lol.
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Haha yeah i just saw that too. Who wathces the news anyway? :o
orac68

Post by orac68 »

some dick on 54 just went over the air and said "Get back to work you lazy F%^$s" :(
efwgn

Post by efwgn »

Would this have anything to do with how unusually quiet it's been on the radio tonight?
I’ve never heard it like this before.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Froggles wrote:Haha yeah i just saw that too. Who wathces the news anyway? :o
Bummer :o when I got in Alison was saying "Thats all from Mirrabooka Police Station its back to you in the studio" :cry:

What was happening today? obviously something clever!

KEEP it up guys! short term pain, long term gain hopefully.
orac68

Post by orac68 »

union action is escalating :(

There was a 2 hour stop work meeting @ 5pm today stations closed and unless it was life or death there was no one out. :(
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

orac68 wrote:union action is escalating
It certainly is. This is bound to get the government's attention :) Maybe it's the trigger to a successful outcome . . .
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
orac68

Post by orac68 »

Zebedee wrote: It certainly is. This is bound to get the government's attention :) Maybe it's the trigger to a successful outcome . . .
It makes me wish I had gotten down to the rally to help support them but word was going round there might have been trouble makers so I opted to stay away. :(
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

orac68 wrote:union action is escalating :(
why the :( ? gotta keep the pressure up otherwise soon there will one group getting pay rises.... infact I think the ad in the paper mentions his name :wink:
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

The government will probably force the union into the arbitration tribunal and given the way the tribunal works, the government will probably win. :( Bad news for the front line. Everyone knows only politicians are allowed pay rises untested by anything but a government controlled commitee.
orac68

Post by orac68 »

ZO100_marto wrote:
orac68 wrote:union action is escalating :(
why the :( ? gotta keep the pressure up otherwise soon there will one group getting pay rises.... infact I think the ad in the paper mentions his name :wink:
Sorry ZO100_marto the :( was for the fact that it has to be going this far to get the Govt dicks to do the right thing. It so pisses me off they sit on their arses all day doing nothing and get every god (Sorry to anyone religous) dam perk under the sun.

OK time for me to shut up before I realy get going :(
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

You can still help out by emailing Polititians direct.... Or your local member of Parliament...

We have a Union president in our office and from what he has been saying is that the Govt does not look like it will budge...
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

orac68 wrote:some dick on 54 just went over the air and said "Get back to work you lazy F%^$s" :(
hehe sorry i know its wrong but i giggled

I'm all for escalating union action, simply put they shouldnt have to work for nothing. Loyalty and pride simply doesnt put food on the table