Fwy jumper

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Fwy jumper

Post by dave »

Police shutting down south bound lanes of the Mitchel fwy, near the narrows

1 Female has jumped off the footbridge(VKI said that she is alive at the moment, though might not be that way for long)

Hope she does come out all right, though unfortunately it is not sounding positive for her
gkoutlis

Re: Fwy jumper

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

I wondered what had happened. I was actually stuck in the traffic jam and had no VKI Comms with me in the vehicle. Plenty of Emerg. Vehicles in attendance....

Things didn't look good when I drove past. Appears she had jumped from the footbridge over the Fwy near Hay St flyover. Lots of witnesses being interviewed on the overpass.

Hope she survived :cry:
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

ConstableCare wrote:I wondered what had happened. I was actually stuck in the traffic jam and had no VKI Comms with me in the vehicle. Plenty of Emerg. Vehicles in attendance....

Things didn't look good when I drove past. Appears she had jumped from the footbridge over the Fwy near Hay St flyover. Lots of witnesses being interviewed on the overpass.

Hope she survived :cry:

From what I heard she had two badly broken legs, but still alive. They think she may have been aiming for a car but not sure. I started work just after this happened and spoke with a mate who attended.