Radio Test

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Radio Test

Post by westernwedgey »

469.400 now
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Seems to be all over, it was funny though Radio Techs asked VKI to talk over him while listening to 2 radios, I suspect 1 was an old radio and the other a new digital radio...

VKI counted from 1 - 10 and backwards and also said stuff like VKI radio test 1,2,3,4...
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

westernwedgey wrote:Seems to be all over, it was funny though Radio Techs asked VKI to talk over him while listening to 2 radios, I suspect 1 was an old radio and the other a new digital radio...

VKI counted from 1 - 10 and backwards and also said stuff like VKI radio test 1,2,3,4...
Not necessarily anything to do with digital.

From what I've been told the links between the Police repeaters and VKI is actually full duplex, so VKI can hear other cars even when he's talking. The test might have been a way to make sure the link was working in both directions.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Has been a couple of hiccups this week.

On Wed morn chan 34 was broadcasting over 21.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

kellie wrote:Also when someone's radio is stuck they cut over the transmission and tell them eg: "All vehicles on 46, watch you pressel switch".
I know that drives me nuts :roll: .Even to scanner listerners like us.It's worse on the Ambos or the fireries.Because no one speaks up like they do on WAPOL.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

more radio tests happening now ch9 468.0500.
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

westernwedgey wrote:Seems to be all over, it was funny though Radio Techs asked VKI to talk over him while listening to 2 radios, I suspect 1 was an old radio and the other a new digital radio...

I doubt that it will be to do with the digital system as they will be in the 500+MHz range....I could be wrong but like I said, I doubt it :D :D
orac68

Post by orac68 »

vk6hgr wrote:

Not necessarily anything to do with digital.

From what I've been told the links between the Police repeaters and VKI is actually full duplex, so VKI can hear other cars even when he's talking. The test might have been a way to make sure the link was working in both directions.
Your 100% right there :) Just incase the VKI op is on a long winded readout of a job and a car is trying to call urgent (Seconds count).
orac68

Post by orac68 »

<SLAP>
Sorry joss
I should have read further before hitting the post button :P
HA HA
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

kellie wrote:Also when someone's radio is stuck they cut over the transmission and tell them eg: "All vehicles on 46, watch you pressel switch".
That doesnt really work though - because the people with the button stuck down cant hear VKI telling them to watch it! (unless of course they have 2 radios in the car, in which case they'd be getting horrible feedback)
orac68

Post by orac68 »

Fastlane wrote:
That doesnt really work though - because the people with the button stuck down cant hear VKI telling them to watch it! (unless of course they have 2 radios in the car, in which case they'd be getting horrible feedback)

And the 2nd radio will only work if there is enough freq separation :) or parked next to the repeater :P he he