Possible dead channel or gone to Digital??????

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Possible dead channel or gone to Digital??????

Post by gkoutlis »

Hey Guys,

Not sure if its just me, but I have noticed for sure that Channel 2 - 467.875 does not transmit anything anymore - I know that it used to be linked to Channel 8 - 468.025

Can anyone confirm with me if Channel 2 has gone digital or closed down... as the Kensington/Cannington District use to have both, but now only have Channel 8 working....and my reception of 8 is 3/5.....

Any ideas....i'd appreciate it...

Cheers
G 8)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

What do you mean by 'gone digital' ??

It's been said many times on these forums already (mostly by Gav) - the digital radio network does not share the same set of frequencies as the existing one.

The repeater is probably just dead.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Possible dead channel or gone to Digital??????

Post by Cloverfield »

gkoutlis wrote:Hey Guys,

Not sure if its just me, but I have noticed for sure that Channel 2 - 467.875 does not transmit anything anymore - I know that it used to be linked to Channel 8 - 468.025

Can anyone confirm with me if Channel 2 has gone digital or closed down... as the Kensington/Cannington District use to have both, but now only have Channel 8 working....and my reception of 8 is 3/5.....

Cheers
G 8)
Was on the road last night, pretty sure it worked as I was in armadale, but next time im our that way I will check what channel im on.... (im using a handheld so I have to be in armadale to make sure it works)
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fastlane wrote:What do you mean by 'gone digital' ??

It's been said many times on these forums already (mostly by Gav) - the digital radio network does not share the same set of frequencies as the existing one.

The repeater is probably just dead.
Sorry Fastlane your right - My bad :oops:
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Re: Possible dead channel or gone to Digital??????

Post by gkoutlis »

Awk@night wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Hey Guys,

Cheers
G 8)
Was on the road last night, pretty sure it worked as I was in armadale, but next time im our that way I will check what channel im on.... (im using a handheld so I have to be in armadale to make sure it works)
Umm well its been two nights in a row I havent heard anything on it - and today about lunch time i got a few transmitions from it - so who knows....
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

?

Post by Cloverfield »

Never know.... I am fairly restricted with the handheld. sorry.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
efwgn

Post by efwgn »

I actually asked a similar question Tue night in a different post (http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t=1334)
Good to hear it's not just me !!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

efwgn wrote:I actually asked a similar question Tue night in a different post (http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t=1334)
Good to hear it's not just me !!
Cheers guys - I will try listening to channel 2 again - tonight as it gives better reception where i am in South Perth.....i will keep u guys posted....

Cheers G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

I haven't been able to hear anything on channel 2/8 since the crappy weather started on Monday.
Having said this it only affects my scanner when I'm listening at home, if I'm on the road driving along Albany Hwy for example, the reception is as clear as it always is.
I figure our house must be on an outskirt reception area or something. The weather doesn't affect the other channels much, sometimes ch 18 and 12 might go a bit fuzzy but thats about it.

Last time ch2 disappeared, it didn't come back on for a few months! :roll:

Jo 8)
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

i can only get chan 8 not 2
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

My scanner (at home) seems to prefer using ch2. It can pick up ch8 but it sounds fuzzy. The only time it comes through on ch8 is when its on local.
Cracks me up listenin to some of the stuff they go on about on local! :mrgreen:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Well at least guys I know it wasnt just me - Because where I live - Channel 2 used to come clearer than 8 :shock:

So now when channel 8 sounds crappy - i cant switch to channel 2 - coz Nothing aint being aired...

Cheers

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

gkoutlis wrote: So now when channel 8 sounds crappy - i cant switch to channel 2 - coz Nothing aint being aired...
I had a listen today. Channel 2 does seem to be still working but it's far weaker than channel 8, and I used to receive both at about the same strength.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Funny you say that Gav..
At around 7pm tonight ch2 came on my scanner crystal clear, so I thought they must've fixed it. When I put the scanner on later in the night it seems to have disappeared again.
Maybe they're trying to sort it out still? How perplexing :mrgreen: