WA Police Changeover to Digital Radio

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Chicky wrote:Ch 12 - can only hear VKI conversation only. Cars not heard :shock:

OMG - is this the beginning??? :cry:
Here we go again!
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Chicky wrote: OMG - is this the beginning??? :cry:
They're just messing with the analogue channels to freak us out! :smt077
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
cat21

Post by cat21 »

There seemed to be a lot of Digital problems last night... a lot of jobs on East and West Metro especially were given out in full...

One of the VKI's seemed to be getting a bit frustrated at the whole thing...re-sending jobs that never got there...Not picking up the cars when they transmitted etc...
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Channel 12 is back to normal. Both sides of the conversations are able to be heard
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

last night at a siege in Midland, VKI told everyone to change over to channel 1018 digital. Within a minute VKI was back telling everyone to go to channel 3 analogue!!!!!!!!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

godinoz wrote:last night at a siege in Midland, VKI told everyone to change over to channel 1018 digital. Within a minute VKI was back telling everyone to go to channel 3 analogue!!!!!!!!
AFAIK not all vehicles have digital radios yet.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
Kombi

Didgital

Post by Kombi »

spartacus wrote:Channel 12 is back to normal. Both sides of the conversations are able to be heard
I have been told by a Snr Sgt that he doubts that they will sort out the issues with the didgital till next year,,,maybe he said, its a bit like the Mandurah train service, who knows !!!
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

vk6hgr wrote:
godinoz wrote:last night at a siege in Midland, VKI told everyone to change over to channel 1018 digital. Within a minute VKI was back telling everyone to go to channel 3 analogue!!!!!!!!
AFAIK not all vehicles have digital radios yet.
Quite right Gav, the digi worked perfectly last night, except that we were in a district that has not gone over to the dark side yet :wink:

My guess is that everyone will be 'over' by end of summer and then they will throw the switch.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Walks wrote:Quite right Gav, the digi worked perfectly last night, except that we were in a district that has not gone over to the dark side yet :wink:

My guess is that everyone will be 'over' by end of summer and then they will throw the switch.

Walks.
Thanks Walks :) . As i have said in previous posts, there was an industrial dispute in North East Metro (Midland) District early in the digital introduction. This has resulted in delays in fitting out Midland District vehicles. When the request was made to move to a digital channel, a local officer quickly pointed out that the majority of local vehicles were not digital ready, and analogue channel 3 was used.

Well done by Walks and all the Delta crew :D
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Never fear AE, in the media you'll be able to access MATCAD soon.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

celestial_insight wrote:Never fear AE, in the media you'll be able to access MATCAD soon.
MATCAD?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

celestial_insight wrote:Never fear AE, in the media you'll be able to access MATCAD soon.
Is MATCAD going to be in real time? or delayed?
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

vk6hgr wrote:
MATCAD?
There was a media briefing with WAPOL a while ago. WAPOL stated that the media will have internet access to the job screen. They also said that some jobs would not be accessable to media.
Basically, someone in VKI can determine what jobs the media get to see and what they can't.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

MATCAD - Media Access To Computer Aided Dispatch.

It will have a lag time from 30 seconds to 120 seconds at this stage, and some job codes will flag with Police Media or Comms Supervisor (like Sudden Death with no immediate information) to hold onto them for a little while before releasing onto MATCAD.

Initially it will be username / password system, and eventually will move to a token based security system (like banks use).

Media will be given access as soon as it is reliable. It is currently in use in Queensland.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

auntys_eyes wrote:
Walks wrote:Quite right Gav, the digi worked perfectly last night, except that we were in a district that has not gone over to the dark side yet :wink:

Walks.
Thanks Walks :) . As i have said in previous posts, there was an industrial dispute in North East Metro (Midland) District early in the digital introduction. This has resulted in delays in fitting out Midland District vehicles. When the request was made to move to a digital channel, a local officer quickly pointed out that the majority of local vehicles were not digital ready, and analogue channel 3 was used.

Well done by Walks and all the Delta crew :D
A-E hate to be picky but it is not North East Metro, Midland is East Metro. The reason behind the delay in roll out in East Metro is not an industrial one, it was to do with native title issues conerning tower placement but they have been resolved.

You will probably find by March next year every district, including Peel will be on digital. Once each metro district is rolled out then goodbye analogue. The current digital radios have performed almost without fault. A test run showed a car halfway to Gero could access the digital network. I have used to portable to speak from Joondalup Health campus to another portable at Peel Health Campus so the network is impressive.

You will also find that districts that are fully digital are already conducting day to day operations on digital talkgroups that are not linked to the analogue network. The skyshow may be the first big test for a non analogue operation.