what are the highway patrol call sighns

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

scottwa2468

Post by scottwa2468 »

can anyone please tell me the call sighns for the newly formed highway patrol unit that patrols perths freeway system,from memory i think that there are 4 vechles and they have a silver paint job
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Tango Echo mate.

Traffic Enforcement Group.

700-bike
200-car
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Silver TE cars with rear spolier (fake SV6's)

TE202-VY II
TE203-VZ
TE204-VY II
TE205-VZ
TE206-VZ

TE212-VY II Although this vehicle is white

Their are a few more TE cars which are with the Breath Analysis section TE207, 209, 210 and 211 I have listed and these are in standard WAPS markings.

If your a member of oz-police-vehicles on yahoo Kyle and myself have posted heaps of these cars of recent.

rgds

Tom
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Tom wrote:Silver TE cars with rear spolier (fake SV6's)

TE202-VY II
TE203-VZ
TE204-VY II
TE205-VZ
TE206-VZ
What's with the cars having the dazzle paintjob? I would have thought TE cars would be best being unmarked, or at least, low profile.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
scottwa2468

Post by scottwa2468 »

im sure the reason they have that paintjob,is for exposure,just to let moterists know they are there
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Or, as is the case in the UK, a silver car fetches more at re-sale than a white one. Hence the trend for British police cars (which are often BMWs or Volvos) to be silver (or indeed many colours other than white).
scottwa2468

Post by scottwa2468 »

when the minister for police announced the launch of this unit she explained that the main reason that the vechles were that colour and with the additional police markings on each vechle(with the exeption of 1 unmarked vechle) was to make their presence know on the freeways
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

As already stated by scottwa2468 the TE group have 1 unmarked.

It's a regular around the booze-buses amd I ALWAYS seem to see it with a car pulled over on the side of the road somewhere.

Anyway I think it's call-sign is TE201(?) it's a Martini coloured VY II with VX hub-caps, should be too hard to spot if you know what your looking for.

I posted a pic of it a couple of weeks back on the oz-police-vehicles site.

cheers

Tom
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Steve wrote:Or, as is the case in the UK, a silver car fetches more at re-sale than a white one. Hence the trend for British police cars (which are often BMWs or Volvos) to be silver (or indeed many colours other than white).
I doubt they'd be concerned with that here, as the Police vehicles are leased anyway..
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Yes, but at the end of the lease, the leasing/fleet management company has to realise as much as they can from each 'asset'.
scottwa2468

Post by scottwa2468 »

not nesseserally steve,we dont know how much the police pay to lease each vechle
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

From my experience scanning the motoring sections and car-yards for many years now, a white car is ALWAYS worth less than say some of the more 'interesting' colours: green, silver, blues/greys and most certainly black attract far more than a white Commodore.

Just go to somewhere like Phoenix Holden and you'll see what I mean, better still go to the WA Police Auto Auction web-site and you'll very rarely see anything other than a white Commo, the coloured ones don't even seem to make it to Auction, they are that 'popular'.

Tom