Re: New Markings and Lightbars!

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

Just curious regarding the new markings. Are they a concept or trial marking or are they now going to be the norm in WA??? Will they be on all vehicle types including caged vehicles like the Colorado and Divvy Vans or while they just feature on sedans?? And if they are just going to be on sedans, will they be soley for HWP sedans or will GD sedans get them aswell?? If they are going to be a statewide thing, how long until the entire state will driving around with the new markings and what is the role out plan ie: will all currently marked vehicles go in and get re-marked, or will the new markings be rolled out as vehicles are replaced??

Regarding the lightbars, is the Excalibar now the norm on all vehicles or is it kind of a mix-match or are they just being phased in?? The slim lightbar on the TE200 is that a trial lightbar or will that be on vehicles aswell??

I looked on the site and couldn't find any reference to the above, so sorry if I have repeated anything previously mentioned.

Cheers!

Steve.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
yorky

Post by yorky »

Whilst I can't officially say so this is from observation, the new markings do not appear to be for anything specific. They appear on a lot of GD vehicles currently (at least a handful have been photographed and I've seen a few). However I noticed most of them appear to only be VE Commodores?

Excalibar light bar appears to be rolling out to everyone as well, first only the traffic cars had them (and some other departments like the CAxxx crews) but for the last 6 months they have been appearing on more and more GD vehicles in replacement of all the old GD and Vector bars.

Everything on TE200 was a trial and just recently it was announced some of its features were going into a new fleet (mainly number plate recognition) so who knows maybe some of the lighting might be featured as well we'll just have to wait and see.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Steve, the trial is over and the new high vis vehicles will phase in on a limited roll out. The Gov't has helped fund the purchase of I believe about 40 vehicles which will have the number plate recognition system on board. Mainly for traffic/hwp duties in metro and state traffic districts. The new hi vis markings are now on some general duties vehicles also but I'm not sure if all vehicle upgrades/changeovers are now having the new look or if it is targeted.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Telstra Case Study - WA Police Concept Car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dv-HlSnJI
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator