Application Process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Bluefalcon

Application Process

Post by Bluefalcon »

Hey guys just chasing any hints or tips for the pyschological interview as iv got it coming up in January. I applied 18 months ago when I was 18 and got knocked back apparently due to lack of life experience. Im now 20 do volunteer FRS and am studying engineering. Do they look at your previous interview and compare your answers, or is each application a clean slate? Anybodys experiences or input would be greatly appreciated.
I really dont want to mess it up like last time, especially when it was the last stage.

Regards - BF
yorky

Re: Application Process

Post by yorky »

Hi, maybe post in this thread as there were a few discussions happening: http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5763
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Also, it may help if the mods were to rename that thread into something more appropriate for what it has now become. Eg: "The WAPOL Application Process"
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Bluefalcon wrote:Hey guys just chasing any hints or tips for the pyschological interview as iv got it coming up in January. I applied 18 months ago when I was 18 and got knocked back apparently due to lack of life experience. Im now 20 do volunteer FRS and am studying engineering. Do they look at your previous interview and compare your answers, or is each application a clean slate? Anybodys experiences or input would be greatly appreciated.
I really dont want to mess it up like last time, especially when it was the last stage.

Regards - BF
Mate the best tip is be honest and yourself. If you try to be something your not the interviewers will see straight through you.
There will be some link between your old interview but you will probably find it may have been due to your age. You may have come accoss a little young in the head.
Time and persistence will get you through if it's meant to be.