Country Cars

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

I was pulled over by KD101 (im pretty sure that was its callsign) about 200km out of Eucla last Thursday.

It was a VZ Commodore wagon + GDLB + HF Antenna + 4 spotties on front.

Pulled me over for doing 109km/h with a trailer. totally forgot about the 100km/h limit.

The officers were both extremely friendly and were having a good chat to us for about 5 minutes about our boats were were towing.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

donks wrote:I was pulled over by KD101 (im pretty sure that was its callsign) about 200km out of Eucla last Thursday.

It was a VZ Commodore wagon + GDLB + HF Antenna + 4 spotties on front.

Pulled me over for doing 109km/h with a trailer. totally forgot about the 100km/h limit.

The officers were both extremely friendly and were having a good chat to us for about 5 minutes about our boats were were towing.
Did you get let off with a caution??
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

nope. $75 fine. no points. 1km/h off being cautioned. but hey its all good, i was in the wrong therefore i have to pay the price.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

donks wrote:nope. $75 fine. no points. 1km/h off being cautioned. but hey its all good, i was in the wrong therefore i have to pay the price.
Fair enough - and its noble to admit you were in the wrong... The fine could have been worse too 8)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

gkoutlis wrote:
donks wrote:nope. $75 fine. no points. 1km/h off being cautioned. but hey its all good, i was in the wrong therefore i have to pay the price.
Fair enough - and its noble to admit you were in the wrong... The fine could have been worse too 8)
Absolutely. I thought it was funny that is was the ONLY police car we saw the whole drive... And I happened to be pulled over. LOL.

I got to have a seat in the passenger seat of the police car because I requested to view the reading, this is when the Constable explained that the reason they pulled me over was because there were hundreds of Kangaroos on the road ahead and that 9km/h can make a huge difference if one was to jump out ect ect....
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

so you got out sat in the car and still not 100% sure of the callsign!! :P Only joking. Good to see that you're one of these people that don't try and contest everything like that n00b we had earlier.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Tyranus wrote:so you got out sat in the car and still not 100% sure of the callsign!! :P Only joking. Good to see that you're one of these people that don't try and contest everything like that n00b we had earlier.
lol.. i know not the most observant person and it was getting dark. it was KD101 now i think back to it. lol didnt want to seem suspicious by checking out every detail of the car... they would have put me in the back seat otherwise LOL
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Methinks Mount Barker has a replacement for LM201. The old version is a Commodore station wagon, the new one looks to be an Omega. No further details - I drove past Mt Barker Police Station this evening and saw "??201" in the rear of the station. The same vehicle was seen on Monday driving around. Will try to get more details soon.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Nicee, they do some serious k's them guys. Can't wait to see what a WAPOL VE wagon will look like
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I forgot to mention... it's a sedan.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I guessed as much when you said omega, was speaking in general.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Confirming that LM201 is now a regularly marked VE Omega with a GDLB.
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

Spotted LS201 (VE SV8 HWP) and LNxxx (BF XR6T HWP) in Williams on Thursday, followed LS201 down, lost him at Kojonup (he seemed to give the right pedal a squirt a few times :P). Got a few pics that will be up later (the passenger took em, honest). The VE's look nice from the back, but still not a fan of the looks. Wonder how they go compared to the Fords?

Also spotted OB201 (BF XR6T HWP) (although not really country) this arvo returning to Perth :)

Pics as promised! http://gallery.clonnyserver.com/main.php?g2_itemId=798
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Apart from being a holden, the Sv6 has nothing over the T.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

They have more rattles :lol: