WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by donks »

Hey guys.

Well due to coming down pretty sick last weekend I had to postpone my PPE until July 20th. It was annoying that out of all weekends to fall sick, it had to be the weekend before my test. Im going to book in to do a practice run through of the PPE though so im going to use the extra time wisely

I think of it in a positive way thought because now I have an extra month to train hard for it!

Cheers =]
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
trent

Post by trent »

A few extra km's in the ol' pins certainly doesn't go astray.
This is my signature, get you own!
Wadesta

Post by Wadesta »

gday guys, just joined the forum today.

Im also going through the application process for WAPOL.

Donks, I would have been at the same RJP as you mate ! Have you done your final medical yet ? I was told it could take up to 8 weeks from your last test until you are notified that you are in the pool.

So im playing the waiting game.

Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get the letter asking you to book a final medical ??

Thanks

Wade
Wadesta

Post by Wadesta »

bump,

anyone ??
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Wadesta wrote:gday guys, just joined the forum today.

Im also going through the application process for WAPOL.

Donks, I would have been at the same RJP as you mate ! Have you done your final medical yet ? I was told it could take up to 8 weeks from your last test until you are notified that you are in the pool.

So im playing the waiting game.

Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get the letter asking you to book a final medical ??

Thanks

Wade
Hey mate welcome to the forum btw. No I hav'nt done my final medical test yet. I'm assuming you do it after you pass the PPE. I have to go for my PPE test on Monday July 20th. Have you done yours yet?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Wadesta

Post by Wadesta »

Hey mate, thanks alot.

good luck with the physical !

yeah I did my physical 5 weeks ago and waiting on a letter now. Have they told you anything about which squad you could be possibly going into ?

cheers

Wade
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Thanks Wade. I was meant to do it 5 weeks ago but came down very sick just before hand so i had to re schedule it.

No news on what squad.. i dont think i will get into any of the remaining ones this year in October but im hoping for early 2010.

How about you? I guess anything can happen
Wadesta

Post by Wadesta »

So you were probably meant to be in the same group as me then ? When did you sit your exams ?

Im hoping for Oct this year but unsure of how long it will take to get this letter. Oct is coming up quick so hopefully this letter will arrive soon.

have you been doing any training since you re scheduled ?
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

sat my exams on 21st April.

Yeh i was meant to do the physical on June 15th. i still do training mate. I hit up the gym 4 days a week with one of the sessions being with a personal trainer. i also take care of the cardio side of things by playing sport... the one thing i have been really working hard on is the situps...

How about you? Yeh its amazing how fast this year has been going. October is really closing in! Thats why i dont think i will get into a squad this year.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Was anyone from warsug at the academy on Monday doing their physical???

I saw there was a group being put through.
Wadesta

Post by Wadesta »

Good on ya donks. Sounds like you will ace it. I just do a bit of cardio...running and beep test really.

Im also not sure if I will make it into a squad this year either. Kinda seems like ill be pushing it to recieve all my letters but Oct. Unless the squad starts late Oct.

keep us posted on how you go !
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Red and White squads will start on Oct 12.

Dont like your chances unfortunately, as there are a lot of applicants backed up and you would normally find out if you were selected for a squad about 3 months prior to it starting. Which doesn't leave you too long to even be eligible for selection let alone, push in front of the rather large backlog of recruits.

Good luck - If you have any Q's, ask...
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Cheers Wade. i can only try my best!.

I realise i wont make a squad this year (Oct) so im aiming for next year some time. They way i look at it is that im not in any burning hurry to get into the academy. just take it as it comes sorta thing. The academy wont be going anywhere :D

Realistically thinking i would say it will be AT LEAST 9-12 months before i get into a squad (assuming all requirements are met).

Cheers guys.

Wade also keep me posted on your progress! And as always singkenten, thanks for your input :)
Wadesta

Post by Wadesta »

No worries mate. Best of luck !

but, If you only have your physical and final medical left to go, why would it take 9-12 months ? your in your final stages of the application. Your physical and final medical will be completed before 2010. The next squad is in Jan, why not aim for that one ?

Wade
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Well i've just based that time frame on the fact that the selection pool might have 60+ other applicants in it. I mean i cant expect to get into the pool then get a spot right away... So i've said to my self that 9 - 12 months is a more realistic time frame... Who knows i might get into a January squad. :)

Can i ask how you found the dry firing test?