The TA Thread (serious & fatal)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Truck rollover Middle Swan Rd Bridge

Post by ZO100_marto »

Middle Swan Rd Closed between West Swan/Ried and Grt Northern/Roe, Truck rolled over just prior to the bridge at Midland reserve causing high voltage power lines to come down.

TM 103 came across the job, other cars off there now include
AH250
AH703
AH203
AH206 and another bike.

SJA/FESA and Western Power notified.

Me thinks the roads gonna be closed for some time :shock:

marto
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Truck rollover Middle Swan Rd Bridge

Post by Zebedee »

ZO100_marto wrote:Me thinks the roads gonna be closed for some time :shock:
According to something on Mix 94.5 just before 11am, it was a meat truck that rolled over and Main Roads have said that the road will be closed until lunchtime while they clean up the mess and transfer the meat to other trucks.

Is this some new meat tenderising process I've never heard of before???

Also, Police Media have issued a statement saying (in part):

"The driver of a truck that overturned and caught fire at West Swan today was dragged from the burning vehicle by a police officer on his way to work."

Well done to DC Robertson for his quick thinking :)

Hmmmmm - I wonder if this'll help the Government to change their minds on when Roe and Reid highways are going to be properly linked, instead of forcing everyone down Middle Swan Road which in my opinion isn't really up to the job... <gets off soapbox>
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Bus v Transit Guard car!!

Post by doogues71 »

Bus v Transit guard car Kwinana Fwy near Mill Point Rd turn off.Bus driver trapped.Two cars heading there P2.Road going to be blocked at least an hour.FESA also on the way.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Theres been a fatal crash in Waroona South of Perth I only know this because VKI on ch 34 was asking for a traffic car to head to RPH.ASAP because the chopper was bringing in a victim.And they needed a blood test to be done urgently.Just as he said that Rescue 1 flew over my place.Heading to RPH.Turbo did you attend this or do you have anymore info.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I heard that fatal on the 94.5 news at like 0730, passanger (27) was killed and the driver in a critical condition
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Today at around 11am, I was driving on Ennis Ave (Rockingham) inbound, and then suddenly slammed on the brakes, as the speed limit is from 100km/h straight to a traffic halt around a bend. There was a huge line and after 5 minutes or so the Police, Fire Brigade and SJA attended the scene. Both directions of traffic was completely halted, a car with a trailer roled over stopping on the middle of the road, whilst the other car swerved to avoid, ran off the road, jumped over, got airborne and landed at the other end of the dual carridgway were the new railway line barrier and fence is located, hit that and stoped at the middle of the road. Was listening to the Police and P2 was given for 4 POL cars to attend. After a good 15 mins, traffic was going slowly and reduced to one lane under POL TC. Took around a hour, traffic was back to resume as normal. Not sure about the fatalities.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Geez thats dangerous, would have thought they'd a have cops slowing down traffic up ahead. Its the same on the freeway some mornings, you'll be doing 100km/h and then all of a sudden everyone breaks because they've decided to force everyone into one lane on a blind corner. dangerous as hell.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Exactly, I tell ya i had the brakes on fairly rough on. Lucky I was aware and no one was on my behind. It is fairly dangerous, but when I was there there was no Police, FESA, SJA as it just happened. There was New MetroRail work being conducted there and people from WARP were there and put signs to tell people to slow down before the POL, FESA, SJA so I commend them for doing that, very well done and smart thinking!

Anyone listening to 268.225 HUGE problems at Kwinana Festival. They nearly called off the fireworks and POLAIR had to divert back into Rockingham for 20 mins, and is now heading back to Kwinana....
3 arrested till now, Riot gear is on route with around 7 cars there, all on P2 at the time (since 9pm as of 28 Oct 06)
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

cant look far ahead if its a blind corner, but i know what ur sayin, the other day on the freeway just before manning rd, i saw a fwd's roo bar go through the bak window of a small 4 cylinder car during peak. WA drivers also cant merge so i heard which is probly true
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

JG-103 wrote:cant look far ahead if its a blind corner, but i know what ur sayin, the other day on the freeway just before manning rd, i saw a fwd's roo bar go through the bak window of a small 4 cylinder car during peak. WA drivers also cant merge so i heard which is probly true
well you could see probably 200m ahead, but when the traffic has stopped and built up to the end of the straight and just were you start to turn you just see cars stop, you break hard, and hope. I stoped and was hoping that the 4WD about 500m behind me would see me and not crunch me right up my behind. All was well. Just dangerous situation. The inpatient drivers were doing you turns and going through the centre of the 2 roads (grass/bush)...WARP did a great job as they set up all the cones and warning signs then POL took over. So basically top job to WARP...they saved the day :D
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

315 canning hwy/preston st como
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Like nachoman said ^^^

Car V Retaining Wall V Parked Car V House + Rollover. 2 x taken to RPH but with only minor injuries I believe.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Indian Pacific wrote:Exactly, I tell ya i had the brakes on fairly rough on. Lucky I was aware and no one was on my behind. It is fairly dangerous, but when I was there there was no Police, FESA, SJA as it just happened. There was New MetroRail work being conducted there and people from WARP were there and put signs to tell people to slow down before the POL, FESA, SJA so I commend them for doing that, very well done and smart thinking!

Anyone listening to 268.225 HUGE problems at Kwinana Festival. They nearly called off the fireworks and POLAIR had to divert back into Rockingham for 20 mins, and is now heading back to Kwinana....
3 arrested till now, Riot gear is on route with around 7 cars there, all on P2 at the time (since 9pm as of 28 Oct 06)
Ya is that was happening I heard them talking about this on the FESA frequency.They said polair 61 had held up the fireworks.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I tended to a serious 215 - Cnr Berwick and Kent Street just after midday - CvC

Serious Injuries to one driver - had AJ-204 (Highway Patrol) assist with providing First aid till SJA arrived - SJA crew from Ozzy Park - which were closer than Vic Park crew - were on Canning Hwy and responded.....

Driver taken to hospital - and will be fine, apart from a few serious chest injuries from seatbelt - No Airbags deployed.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.