Police car, uniformed officer, P Plates

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

HM-106

Post by HM-106 »

i reckon it just jealousy. Nearly every police forum website have a brag out our fine cadets. OMG why are they driving...OMG i saw a P-Plate on a police car, Why why, they have police uniforms.

Everyone is different and unique, i know some 17yr olds who have much more maturity then some 30 yr olds. Everyone has different maturity levels, saying that " when I was 19 i didnt have much life exp" now im 25 i matured much more.. so? thats just you, doesnt mean everyone else is the same.

Do you HONESTLY think that a cadet is gonna go out there, and churp up a police car? gonna drag the first car he sees? is gonna break the law? I dont think so. Cadets are in the law-enforcement industry and are bound by it. Most of the time they have a Police Officer in the passenger seat. You think a junior is gonna be doing reckless driving in front of him?

Dont understand how ppl are saying that i rather have a older person (more life experience) as a partner backing me up. Cadets are not operational so they never going to be at the frontline backing someone else up. Refering to 19+ police officers, Every police officer goes through what they call the Academy, they train recruits to deal with every situation, most of the time they deal with the worst case scenarios. If they cant cope with the situations at hand, either the OSTTU instructors will pick this up, or the recruit he/she will. Make a decision on weather the applicant is sorted to deal with these situations.

My opinion. I say who ever wants to be a police officer, give them a chance. Im sure you will be surprise.

HM-106
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Ok this is starting to go around in circles, has anyone got anything new to add?
BF

Post by BF »

JMMW from XR6T thread,

"Well i would be hurting along everywhere is someone gave me an xr6 turbo and said "have this for a couple months then we will get you a new one"

By the end of those months that car would be barely limping around..."

Your argument was that young people shouldn't drive high performance cars, especially police cadets, then you add this to another thread!!!!!!

Probably good that you're not thinking of joining the police yet.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Yes....

If anything this supports my argument?

Look obviously if you are in the police car you are not going to purposely mess around but ACCIDENTS happen especially with high powered vehicles when you have not got the experience.

And yes, if i got a high powered vehicle and an open stretch of road you bet your life im going to put me foot down and if your going to try to tell me you wouldnt be tempted then you are a liar.

Oh and before you start running away with the "your just irresponsible whinge whine bitch moan" yes, i would do more the likely do something irresponsible and i am fully aware of that fact and dont try to deny it.

But i bet you cant say that you never put your foot down in a car when it wasn't 100% neccessary just to find out what the car IS capable of.
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

jmmw wrote:Cheers chev,

However i still personally see the cadets going straight into the police force at 19 as being a bad idea.
It could be worse...

It could be a 19 year old member of the public who hasn't got a clue getting into the job.. Oh oopps, thatcan happen already !!..

Point is, by the time they become sworn officers, they would've all gone through the same training and be able to complete the course with a level of competency.. From what I have seen, the first set of new cadets coming through are very excited about what they are doing and chomping at the bit to learn and execute to the best of their abilities..

Including a member of this forum who is doign a bloody fantastic job..
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

BF wrote:I was a cadet, I joined when I was 17 and a half and went into the academy at 19. And I have to say it was the best thing I ever did.
18 months of watching and taking everything in prepared me better for life as a police officer than 6 months bullshit at the academy.
I don't think 19 is too young to join, I think it's all about the person you are employing. I know 40 year old coppers who came through the system when anybody could join and they are not worth paying.

Secondly, cadets are not allowed to drive police vehicles under priority conditions, so I can't see the problem. If the govt were serious they would ban P platers from performance vehicles. Unfortunately they're not.

JMMW you say you are 18 and you don't agree with them driving the vehicles. Go back and have a read of your post from the XR6T thread, very contradictory.
Bad argument there BF... :lol: :lol:
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

sure every person is gonna be different and be more or less mature but if there a cadet or training there surposed to be learning arnt they , i mean every one has to learn sometime and if they can get used to just driving a vehicle with more power under normal conditions they may have a better chance at passing the driving test for P2/P1 or what ever it is. After all you have to WALK befor you can RUN
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:sure every person is gonna be different and be more or less mature but if there a cadet or training there surposed to be learning arnt they , i mean every one has to learn sometime and if they can get used to just driving a vehicle with more power under normal conditions they may have a better chance at passing the driving test for P2/P1 or what ever it is. After all you have to WALK befor you can RUN
Thats absolutely true, i didnt consider that.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Woah.. did Jesus just rise from the dead again? :P
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Nothing wrong with considering logical and intelligent arguments.
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

Tom wrote:Crap!!!!!

People aged 17-19 are too young and aren't 'street smart' in my opinion..They haven't had enough life experience.

I know when I was 21 I was young, foolish and stupid.....7 years later i'm 1000 times more mature.

IMO...the minimum age of entry should be 21 at the very least.

Feel free to disagree.............

And another thing it's a bit silly having somebody who is on their P's and may not have the experience of a 6cyl driving around in high-powered WAPOL vehicles. It certainly doesn't portray a good public image.

What happens when someone has a serious accident in one of these new WRX's or XR6T's.....everybody will be back to driving poverty packs...When the SV6's came out only qualified drivers could drive them, now every 2nd car in the country is a HWP XR6T or SV6..No it seems anyone can drive them.

Will history repeat itself?? Just about every section had a VT II 5.7 Gen III's
When I was 15 i joined the defence force. At the time I felt I was bullet proof (still think it - LOL)

I could handle it. I had to mature quite fast, as did alot of others, ie males and females. With the right guidance and peer support they should be quite successful.

I've seen mature people with c*^ts of attitudes embarass new recuits, in front of members of the public.

I believe life skills are important, but everyone has to learn.

If the Commish wasn't confident in them, he wouldn't of reinstated cadetships.

Like I said, with the right guidance anyone can be successful in anything they choose to do!!!!!!!!!!
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

godinoz wrote: When I was 15 i joined the defence force. At the time I felt I was bullet proof (still think it - LOL)

I could handle it. I had to mature quite fast, as did alot of others, ie males and females. With the right guidance and peer support they should be quite successful.

I've seen mature people with c*^ts of attitudes embarass new recuits, in front of members of the public.

I believe life skills are important, but everyone has to learn.

If the Commish wasn't confident in them, he wouldn't of reinstated cadetships.

Like I said, with the right guidance anyone can be successful in anything they choose to do!!!!!!!!!!
Just clarify for me please, Defence Forces, or Defence Force cadets? There is a huge difference, at 15, I'm sure it would have been the cadets, but maybe you ment a different age. Either way what you're saying is valid, both will bring someone back to ground zero when they join. The way I look at it is, when I joined the BFS, I got told, you won't drive under Firecall until we're happy with your driving. With the police they have their different driving courses, but hopefully by the time they've joined they've got enough experience and are mature enough behind the wheel to do their first driving course.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

i just saw JG car with a p plate on it and with a cadet driving on his own
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

munchkin1981 wrote:i just saw JG car with a p plate on it and with a cadet driving on his own
On his own??? :roll: :shock: